SAK Dimensions

Hello to all,

I am new to these forums so please forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times before. I am currently doing a major project at Leeds University, UK, and i am planning to re-design the Swiss Army Knife to encorporate an mp3 player inside it. I am aware of Victorinox's effort but I felt the design lacked a lot of what the SAK is all about and hoped to house the player in a more traditional looking knife.

As part of this project I need to create a computer aided design of the knife in all of its seperate parts in order for the parts to be then sent to a machine which will cut them out for me. I have looked high and low for dimensions and a disassembly/cutting list for the SAK but have found nothing unfortunately. If anyone does have pictures of a disassembled SAK would it please be possible to post them as this would be a great help. I am basically looking for the shapes of all the metal dividers and mechanisms within the knife itself. My design will be based roughly on the Spartan by Victorinox/the Apprentice by Wenger (will have a large blade, corkscrew, can opener, bottle opener, toothpick and a USB memory stick as it's housed components) if anyone has these handy, otherwise anything will do.

thanking you in anticipation :)

Back