Recommendation? Sak help

Fieldmaster because it has the best selection of tools for what I want.
Large blade
pen blade
saw
scissors
and a Phillips instead of a corkscrew
plus all the other standard gear.
Got everything I need in 91 mm of pure, Swiss made perfection

I just ordered a hiker. Same tools as the tinker but with the added benefit of the saw.

Also if you're looking for metal scales skip the alox and check out Swiss Bianco. He makes replacement scales that still have slots for the tweezers, screwdriver, toothpick, etc.

Cadet ,
but the old straight ribbed ones .
I own and have owned quite a few Alox Sak's of different models and colors .
But the old Cadets are my favourite .

Ken

I really love the Alox Series knives. The Pioneer or Farmer would by my choice, but the Cadet is great too. I like to find the colored ones instead of the silver.... they also look cool when the color wears.

Cadet ,
but the old straight ribbed ones .
I own and have owned quite a few Alox Sak's of different models and colors .
But the old Cadets are my favourite .

Ken

Oh jealousy! Nice collection. I gave up as I wasn't willing to pay the price for the old cadet with the smaller 2nd blade. They should bring that one back.

I love the Pioneer - it's got all the basic tools that I NEED but not too bulky. For slightly more bulk the Farmer is awesome with it's very efficient saw blade.

33lmds5.jpg
Compact for me. Small enough to fit nicely in your pocket, with a great selection of tools. Even has a pen in the scale. I have used every tool on mine at one time or another, and it's great for traveling.

33lmds5.jpg
+1 on the Compact! Very useful selection of tools and easy to carry.

Explorer-it has phillips head screwdriver ,corkscrew and magnifying glass .

Heres how I carry a toothpick/tweezers and ferro rod on my SAK soldier http://imgur.com/a/aZKNq I think I used a mc Donalds straw for the tube that holds the toothpick/tweezers,and the paracord is stansport nylon utility cord its a hair larger than std. 550 paracord ,then I just tie some knots on the end works great if you use the just occaisionally

Last edited:
Back