Sak/multitool & EDC

mitch13

Gold Member
We all love carrying a sak, leatherman or whatever. It seems how you edc or carry your stuff is just as relevant. As I just about always wear a belt, so I have a lot of different pouches. I don't really use the pocket on the off side except for my keys.
But most of all it has to be practical. I do change my kit for what I am using.
Lets see what you have & the inventive way to carry!

For me today
Spirit clipped into pocket, same pocket pen in pocket pouch, made by sonofwilfred sonofwilfred Yes he is an enabler😊.
Custom belt with horizontal roo pouch by the same maker, has an eka in it today.
Keys in the right pocket on para cord so I can get them out.
IMG_20230228_111831.jpgIMG_20230228_111856.jpgIMG20230228102707.jpg

Last edited:
We all love carrying a sak, leatherman or whatever. It seems how you edc or carry your stuff is just as relevant. As I just about always wear a belt, so I have a lot of different pouches. I don't really use the pocket on the off side except for my keys.
But most of all it has to be practical. I do change my kit for what I am using.
Lets see what you have & the inventive way to carry!

For me today
Spirit clipped into pocket, same pocket pen in pocket pouch, made by sonofwilfred sonofwilfred Yes he is an enabler😊.
Custom belt with horizontal roo pouch by the same maker, has an eka in it today.
Keys in the right pocket on para cord so I can get them out.
View attachment 2098427View attachment 2098428View attachment 2098429
Nice carry system Mitch. ( I don't know about the canvas pocket😂) When I get a minute I'll attach a picture of my work EDC carry ideas.

mitch13 mitch13
It's been a minute,

PXL_20230228_045717486.jpg
I have a Huntsman on a lanyard an ESSE 3 that hangs from a canvas extension I have on my belt. A Pelican wallet to mainly hold my firearms license, that I need to carry when I have a firearm with me. The wallet most importantly is dust proof. A set of keys for work home and play. On the key ring I have a firestarter a Cadet and a dogging key for my BK2 scales, that's always within reach. A pair of 140 Knipex pliers in a canvas slip. A torch and pen in a canvas organizer.
I keep my phone in a Ziploc bag while at work to keep dust grease and metal grinding dust out and off of it. It works through the bag no problems.
20230228_161217.jpg
Most importantly I have a GRIP6 belt to hold up all the weight. I highly recommend them. I have an Orange one for work and two good going out ones.
PXL_20230228_045803165.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my carry from the other day...like you Mitch and I'm sure others that my carry changes from time to time. This is all relevant to my work and serves that purpose well.
Leather slip goes into my back left pocket which contains the Alox electrician, ratchet/wrench, bit extension and pen, Leatherman in belt sheath and all other items are in front left and right pockets.
qHqLKs.jpg

Don't have a picture right now but I did an inventory of what I carry at work

23 keys
Utility knife
Flashlight Fenix PD-32
small tool pouch ⬇️ with following
-leatherman Crunch
-tickle stick
-2 - 4 inch Adjustable wrenches
-2n1 screwdriver
-thermastat tool
-1/4-5/16th bit driver
- sharpie

iPad
Ascom phone
Radio
Stylus
Pen
Pocket knife
Small flashlight
Lighter
Car keys
Wallet
ID badge on yoyo
Cell phone

My daily mon to Fri carry is

Leatherman Piranha and Skeletool in belt pouch
Leatherman bit set in belt pouch in laptop bag for when I need

SAK and 2 to 3 m roll of string in a belt pouch

Spyderco matriarch SE, a random Folder and small flash light clipped in pockets

Plasters, duct tape (rolled on old credit card) and paper clips in wallet in pocket

Lastly my cellphone in pocket.

On weekends I drop the LM skeletool and SC matr

Nice carry system Mitch. ( I don't know about the canvas pocket😂) When I get a minute I'll attach a picture of my work EDC carry ideas.

mitch13 mitch13
It's been a minute,

View attachment 2098736
I have a Huntsman on a lanyard an ESSE 3 that hangs from a canvas extension I have on my belt. A Pelican wallet to mainly hold my firearms license, that I need to carry when I have a firearm with me. The wallet most importantly is dust proof. A set of keys for work home and play. On the key ring I have a firestarter a Cadet and a dogging key for my BK2 scales, that's always within reach. A pair of 140 Knipex pliers in a canvas slip. A torch and pen in a canvas organizer.
I keep my phone in a Ziploc bag while at work to keep dust grease and metal grinding dust out and off of it. It works through the bag no problems.
View attachment 2098738
Most importantly I have a GRIP6 belt to hold up all the weight. I highly recommend them. I have an Orange one for work and two good going out ones.
View attachment 2098737
Lots of good gear there. Hadn't seen the ziplock bag for the phone, bloody good idea. Like the belt too👍 I still prefer leather belts, received a black today 1 I had made with birthday spoils.
Here's my carry from the other day...like you Mitch and I'm sure others that my carry changes from time to time. This is all relevant to my work and serves that purpose well.
Leather slip goes into my back left pocket which contains the Alox electrician, ratchet/wrench, bit extension and pen, Leatherman in belt sheath and all other items are in front left and right pockets.
qHqLKs.jpg
Nice set up Paul😎
Thought it would be cool to see how we edc & share ideas.
I bet I am not the only 1 who gets a head shake & good natured roll of the eyes by the other half. When I unload for the day.😩😄

My edc:
Hamilton Kahki Field Mechanical watch
Original Leatherman Wave
Vic Executive
Streamlight Microstream USB light
Fisher Bullet space pen
SwissChamp
Car keys with Victorinox Quattro screwdriver
9C20BB37-969D-4946-9D52-8363DC3CCBF7.jpeg

My fully accessorized LM Surge in a Skinth Plus holster:
View attachment 2098980
View attachment 2098990
I thought about adding a toothpick, but there might not be enough room remaining! Thanks for watching. T-A
Sorry folks! I mislead you all. No, I cannot fit TWO Surges in my Skinth. The one with the pocket clip rides in my front pocket on the opposite side. So...yes I have been known to carry two Surges, but not together in the Skinth. My bad! T-A

deJWAbX.jpg

Here’s my dump for today. Testing the SwissTool pocket clip. Flexi underneath as I am walking with the doggie.
Beater sunglasses: Oakley holbrook.
Pen: Tactile turn bolt pen in titanium.
Watch: Certina DS Diver auto.
Tools: SwissTool and MiniChamp.
Wallet: Clintonville leather wallet.

deJWAbX.jpg

Here’s my dump for today. Testing the SwissTool pocket clip. Flexi underneath as I am walking with the doggie.
Beater sunglasses: Oakley holbrook.
Pen: Tactile turn bolt pen in titanium.
Watch: Certina DS Diver auto.
Tools: SwissTool and MiniChamp.
Wallet: Clintonville leather wallet.
Looks like you have all needs covered. Do like the all metal combo😎
Thanks for sharing.

The only things not seen here are my sunglasses ,wallet , watch ,and phone.
20230302_161612.jpg
My carry and methods of carry change a bit in the summer, this is fall / winter.
The pocket knife choice of the week rides in the yellow birch pocket organizer in my left front pocket, the pliers loose in my pocket next to the organizer and my flashlight clipped into the pocket.
My belt knife choice of the week ( often but not always something I carry ) goes on my belt on the left side, and the Victorinox rambler or jetsetter will go in my watch pocket.

for now I'm back to the 4 inch slipjoint pliers, I carry a full sized multitool at work but away from work it's the Snapon 44acf, the Sebertool m2 or Sebertool m4 multitool and occasionally my modified Leatherman squirt PS4.

The only things not seen here are my sunglasses ,wallet , watch ,and phone.
View attachment 2101899
My carry and methods of carry change a bit in the summer, this is fall / winter.
The pocket knife choice of the week rides in the yellow birch pocket organizer in my left front pocket, the pliers loose in my pocket next to the organizer and my flashlight clipped into the pocket.
My belt knife choice of the week ( often but not always something I carry ) goes on my belt on the left side, and the Victorinox rambler or jetsetter will go in my watch pocket.

for now I'm back to the 4 inch slipjoint pliers, I carry a full sized multitool at work but away from work it's the Snapon 44acf, the Sebertool m2 or Sebertool m4 multitool and occasionally my modified Leatherman squirt PS4.
Looks like you are covered 👍👍 Very nice!

spoons-a.jpg

Leatherman Juice KF4 + Victorinox Compact = almost perfect.

Almost... Nothing is truly perfect, but it's pretty 🤬ing close.
spoons-b.jpg

It's a crying shame that the KF4 is so rare now, otherwise this would be my EDC. The KF4 was discontinued with the Gen1 Juice models. There's no Gen2 version of it.

So I made this knifeless custom SAK build to pair with my Leatherman Rebar:
spoons.jpg

The little red custom SAK has exactly what my Rebar was missing, and nothing more. It has scissors and a corkscrew. That's all. It's only 1 layer. It has no knife or any other extra tools. The scales do have the ink pen slot, and I did also add a mini screwdriver to the corkscrew, but that's it.

I carry what fits comfortably in my pockets and clips to my keys. I don't normally like to use holsters and organizers and such. My keys are getting pretty bulky though. It's embarrassing how much crap I have on there. I can't bring myself to trim any of it down though. I do have it set up to easily split off just my keys, or quickly split things into smaller subgroups, and then quickly join them all back together later.

Last edited:
spoons-a.jpg

Leatherman Juice KF4 + Victorinox Compact = almost perfect.

Almost... Nothing is truly perfect, but it's pretty 🤬ing close.
spoons-b.jpg

It's a crying shame that the KF4 is so rare now, otherwise this would be my EDC. The KF4 was discontinued with the Gen1 Juice models. There's no Gen2 version of it.

So I made this knifeless custom SAK build to pair with my Leatherman Rebar:
spoons.jpg

The little red custom SAK has exactly what my Rebar was missing, and nothing more. It has scissors and a corkscrew. That's all. It's only 1 layer. It has no knife or any other extra tools. The scales do have the ink pen slot, and I did also add a mini screwdriver to the corkscrew, but that's it.

I carry what fits comfortably in my pockets and clips to my keys. I don't normally like to use holsters and such. My keys are getting pretty bulky though. It's embarrassing how much crap I have on there. I can't bring myself to trim any of it down though. I do have it set up to easily split off just my keys, or quickly split things into smaller subgroups, and then quickly join them all back together later.
You have some fine gear mate😎
Thanks for sharing.

Back