SAK Sheath

I put this up over on the Sheath & Leather Forum but thought I'd share it here as well .
Made this for my Electrician , haven't made a sheath with a flap before .

d0ed34fa9d603e7020833d0d10baac43_zps20e1122e.jpg

5b726af78b9feb2be36d466af1407f10_zpsdc7e4496.jpg

f7caa3d38adf1a944b41fb3e7c8e713a_zpsb40fe544.jpg

bf40075925923080b9a0ac590ed78397_zps5b28f9d4.jpg

5e8ac6abdc1e4fff60bf593f3e44cab7_zpse3b99875.jpg

Ken

Dang! That is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Really love the trad fasteners....more reliable than snaps and they shout :cool: !!!!

Thanks for the enthusiastic response :)
I've never used those studs before , but I agree they are really cool , and I've still got a few to experiment with .

Ken

That is so much "stealthier" than a big old metal snap or Velcro. I really like the concept. And your workmanship is exquisite. Thanks for sharing.

That was a one of a kind sheath that I made , as an experiment .
I still have it somewhere in my box of bits , but it never got used much .
I don't sell any of my sheaths , but I'm sure a custom maker could make you something similar if you really wanted one .
SAK's are the only knives I make sheaths for these days , and even then I don't make many .

Here is a photo history of my SAK sheaths I've made , most of these pics have been shown before , but not all in one place .

Ken

Last edited:
That was a one of a kind sheath that I made , as an experiment .
I still have it somewhere in my box of bits , but it never got used much .
I don't sell any of my sheaths , but I'm sure a custom maker could make you something similar if you really wanted one .
SAK's are the only knives I make sheaths for these days , and even then I don't make many .

Here is a photo history of my SAK sheaths I've made , most of these pics have been shown before , but not all in one place .

Ken

I would really like one of them. They are awesome!!!!!!! Would you consider selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are sweet looking!!!! He is a really good leather worker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys .
I don't think I'll be making anymore SAK sheaths for awhile , my knife tastes have changed over time , I don't find myself carrying SAK's much anymore , and the sheaths I have for them are all I need .
I took me a long time to realise or admit , but pocket clips make small - medium folder sheaths redundant .
The last few pics in my previous post are of pocket clip sheaths , they were a half way attempt to get the ease of a pocket clip and still use my SAK's , but they are a feeble and inefficient way of trying to duplicate a clip mounted on the knife .
I will no longer buy folders now that don't offer the option of a pocket clip . I broke this rule recently with a Gayle Bradley Air , and even though it's a excellent knife , the lack of clip bugs the snot out of me and I won't repeat that mistake again .

Thanks again for the kind words .

Ken

Back