Salutations and Greetings from a New Member

Hello everyone! I may appear to be a new member here but I have been a lurker for a while now, for about ten years off and on.

I was fascinated with Indian/Nepali/Tibetan culture and religion from a very young age since doing an elementary school report on Buddhism. Naturally I have explored Hinduism and Buddhist philosophy throughout my life and little surprise that, with a parallel interest in weapons and blacksmithing, I became smitten with the Khukuri design and mythos surrounding it.

I have been poor for much my adult life but always managed to find enough couch change to have at least one kukri under whatever roof I was living under, used either as a tool, display piece, or bump-in-the-night security blanket. I usually bought second-hand but now seem to find myself in a fortunate spot, settled down with a lady-friend and a promising career with some extra spending money laying around now. Rest assured a good chunk of that change will be going to some Himalayan steel!

Thank you and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

No more lurking. Been kind of quiet and slow around these parts. Jump in and liven the place up.
Glad things in life are looking up for you. Lot of good folks around here, join in.

Thank you! I’ll be right happy to zap some life in. Just a quick question, I’m new to ordering from Auntie Yangdu personally. What’s the turnover time to hear back? Does it vary? I sent an email almost a week ago with my info and haven’t heard back. Not meaning to be impatient, and of course it’s the holidays, I just don’t want my order to end up missing or to lose out on buying something. Thanks!

Yangdu is hands down the best customer service person you could ever meet. She does get piled on with emails and I think sometimes some don't get a response if the item is already sold. She doesn't always watch the forum closely and she's often times (most of the time) very busy.
If you win an item you'll usually hear fairly quickly, day or two at the most. If you miss on an item, she often times has a good substitute she'll offer at the same good bargain. She's a real class act, I can't exaggerate that. She'll take care of you.
If you don't get a timely response, let me or any of us know, sometimes some folks just don't get through. I know she in the past she had issues with AOL. I thought that was dealt with but not certain.

Much thanks for describing the process so thoroughly! I sent another email just now using another email account. The account I sent with lrior tends to show up in other people’s spam or junk inboxes for some reason, so I’ll give it another go. Of course the items I want are a bit old so they may be taken already, time will tell. I made posts recently on here for said items.

Much thanks for describing the process so thoroughly! I sent another email just now using another email account. The account I sent with lrior tends to show up in other people’s spam or junk inboxes for some reason, so I’ll give it another go. Of course the items I want are a bit old so they may be taken already, time will tell. I made posts recently on here for said items.
Greetings stonefrog, I did not get your email on 15 inch AK and Bilton
The knives are still available. I may be having issues with AOL service again please resend Email to himimp@aol.com and copy mail to dragonwing747@yahoo.com

That’s amazing customer service! Thank you very much! I will forward the email this morning very soon, but no rush. Have a very merry holiday!

What I tell ya, you ever see another outfit that works like this. She is the best.

I second that one! Happy New Year folks! Your gonna love that AK Frog! Id say Bilton too but I just realized I dont have one yet!

welcome aboard. HI/Yangdu has excellent customer service. Rarely do things slip by when I've dealt with them. Emails take less than 24 hrs to reply. stick around!

Back