san mai copyright ????????????

CS is not trying to copyright anything.

I'm pretty sure Stacy was referring to how Lynn was trying to make it sound like he owned the rights to the words/phrase/name "San Mai" without any symbol following the word, in the emails he sent out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And no, before anybody says anything, when I came up with my screen name, I was not referring of the knife company. :thumbdn: :sour: :D It's just an "irony" thing (like Led Zepplin etc.), and since I work with steel, I liked it. Maybe I should just get it changed to "coldIronburns" , cause (especially after all of this crazyness) I don't want people to think I was referring to "Cooled Steal" in any way, whether it be good or bad :nightmare: . Just to be clear, it has nothing to do with them!.. ;)

~Paul

My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Well I hope you're all proud of what you've done.

Cold Steel's been scared away from Blade. They're going to the gun show instead.

I would humbly suggest that anyone looking to assign blame look toward the size XXXXL backside of one Mr Lyn Thompson for over-reaching.

I also find it deliciously ironic that a brand that prides itself on no-compromise/no surrender/posturing ridiculousness in marketing style has run off like a scolded puppy when a bunch of people it had barked at turn out not to be suckers.....

I am clueless to this but when is this (letters from cold steel) considered intimidation. I would think if he legally does not have a leg to stand on then I would think the letters would or could be considered intimidation and harmful to all y'alls business. Can't believe I just typed all y'all, facepalm. Any way like I said I don't know anything about how this stuff works just wondering.

I just want to say I have found this thread roundly entertaining.

I just did a search, and can't find any use of "Roundly Entertaining". You should copyright it. Maybe make it your trade mane and trade mark "Roundly Entertaining Knives".

I just did a search, and can't find any use of "Roundly Entertaining". You should copyright it. Maybe make it your trade mane and trade mark "Roundly Entertaining Knives".

Yeah! "Randy's Roundly Entertaining Knives!" Then I would need to convince people to use the term in public so I could send threatening letters to them. I guess I should learn to make knives instead of just putting handles on them.

Yep, it backfired. Instead of people backing away and strengthening the CS claim, the huge outpouring like this thread has made it even more obvious that there is no claim to protect.

It didn't entirely backfire. Aldo promptly renamed his san mai stock "double clad", and Mastersmiths are posting pictures of gorgeous san mai blades they made for Blade with the sarcastic description "peanut butter and jelly construction."

http://newjerseysteelbaron.com/shop/laminat/

Completely irrelevant to this thread - and I apologize - but why not just change it to your name?
So much easier to deal with. (I despise screen handles)
Back to our scheduled program........

I was trying to be clever and it backfired, probably because of the screen name I went with when I signed up ~6 years ago :(

In all honesty, If/when I do ever change it I would/will use my name. Once I decide to get a paid KM membership, then I'll be changing it. :thumbup:

~Paul

My YT Channel Lsubslimed
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Hey Rick, I left it up in Shop Talk for the Canadian folks to have something to enjoy while waiting for the ice to thaw. I am going to move it now to ATG.
Enjoy your two months of summer.

Back