• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SCAMMER

He's used a variation of that email at least one other time here that I've seen... That PayPal address has been posted multiple times.

Scammers suck; but F&F is literally for giving away money. There is a notice posted here telling people to stop using it; but it doesn't appear to be slowing people down.

Running a search on PayPal addresses is an old habit from a previous life; but it's a simple step that can help prevent sending money to a scammer.

More details on the transaction? Or did you get an email outside of a sales thread?

99.9% of people scammed are through F&F, Venmo or Zelle. It's been broadcast all over.

It also doesn't hurt to do a search on Bladeforums for the email address and a Google search to see if that email pops up elsewhere. The first email you listed is in several threads flagging them as a scammer. A Google search also shows that person as a scammer on multiple forums.

Last edited:
I don't know if others have done so; but it's worth a call to PayPal to report that account's activities. It may not be a confirmed account; but, if it is - with sufficient complaints - they'd likely shut it down.

I suggest to search and delete posts where you share your email.

L Laphroaig

You need to go through multiple conversations you have had with other members where you have shared your email and physical addresses. Anyone can read that info and use it in any fashion they wish.

If nothing else, go through that material post by post and remove your info.

Back