Schrade Pronunciation

Schrade, like Shhh

Well I guess that means I been way off, I been saying it like SchrahDay ! :O
But seriously, this reminds me of a joke. You can pull on groups. Preferably after they've had a few.
Just tell them you were wondering whether the capital of Kentucky is suppose to be pronounced Louieville or Lewisville. There's usually one person that swears it's one way or the other. Then you tell them something like well that guy over there is a professor and he claims it is suppose to be pronounced "Frankfurt".

In Mexico I often have to write it down so salesmen will know what I'm talking about.

It is pronounced so that it rhymes in a couple of verses I've posted before:

When someone asked about rhyming with "steel":

And if you need a blade
the best there is, I feel,
is one that's made by Schrade
of good old carbon steel.

To the tune of "Paper of pins":

If you give me a knife of Schrade's
with carbon blades and Delrin scales
then I will marry marry marry marry
I will marry you.

Luis

So, we're in agreement that it is pronounced "shrAd" ("shr" as in shrewd and shred, not "skr" as in scream - And "long A" as in grade and made)?

Ted,

That was quite shrewd, and you've certainly made the grade while shredding with your Schrade...... :D

Not nearly as inspirational or poetic as Luis, I know........sort of a "DAD" play on words. Best I had at the dangling of a participle.

Bill

We may all be in agreement, but that doesn't change the fact "Schrade" is still hard to pronounce after 5 shots of tequilla!

woseyjales said:
We may all be in agreement, but that doesn't change the fact "Schrade" is still hard to pronounce after 5 shots of tequilla!

And that's a real problem for us, as the official drink of this forum is Margueritas.

Back