Schrade Walden serial numbers

Does anyone on this forum have access to S-W serial number records, or do they even exist?
I'm specificly interested to know if the date of manufacture for a model 227UH, marked Schrade Walden Stainless and sporting the number 33423 on the liner can be determined from such records. I've figured out it must have been made between 1967 and 1973.
This is my first post, these forums are a fascinating resource, thanks to all you folks efforts. VH

If such records were ever kept by the Schrade company, they were probably lost after July 30, 2004. Some people valued the knives more than records and written history, I'd guess. But narrowing down any Schrade Walden to a six year window is doing excellent.

Welcome to our forum! Glad you found us.
Phil

1970-73 1/2 is my best on it. You are right about the Walden /Schrade stamp change. According to Clemente, they were first produced in 1970. I don't know that it would help in this instance, but on many patterns, the box and paperwork, sometimes the sheath style give important clues for dating a knife. Unfortunately, Phil is correct about our not having access to the records of seriel numbers, if Schrade ever kept them beyond their usefulness. I believe they were only used for the loss and failure warranty.

Codger

I am not sure but I believe the new Schrade Waldens are being made in the USA. If they are, what are the differences between the original Schrade Waldens and the new version? And what should I watch out for? If there is a thread that already answers my questions could someone point me in that direction?
Thanks for any help it is appreciated!

The SCHRADE-WALDEN and STAINLESS stamps on the main blade combined with the serial number led me to the same conclusion. So Codger, is it known that stainless 227s, (or stainless anythings), began being produced from 1970 forward? Thank you for the reply! VH

Stainless "anythings" were produced much, much earlier. The Uncle Henry knife series started in 1967, on a stainless pattern from the old open stock knives. Some Uncle Henry knives were made in carbon steel early on (not the 897UH) like the 153UH, and some Old Timers were made in stainless (41OT for one). A pre-UH series of stainless knives was called the Razor Blade series, and had an RB suffix to their numbers. Some knives from earlier series were stamped SS on the reverse tang (as was also the case with the 41OT 1971-1973).

Codger

Does anyone on this forum have access to S-W serial number records, or do they even exist?
I'm specificly interested to know if the date of manufacture for a model 227UH, marked Schrade Walden Stainless and sporting the number 33423 on the liner can be determined from such records. I've figured out it must have been made between 1967 and 1973.
This is my first post, these forums are a fascinating resource, thanks to all you folks efforts. VH
I have a Schrade one blade folding lockblade knife #80503 what is it worth today

1*kXRkpEzTF6x3x27E0HV2Fw.jpeg

Back