Scout Solingen, hand engraved. Motivate me to finish?

What's up everybody, I hand engrave and I started this about a year ago. Enjoy these pics, I'm still thinking about what to put on the last front end bolster side that's opposite the diamonds. I thought I wanted to put a lion wearing a crown there, but I think maybe that would be too much, maybe only scrolls? Help me out?

Thanks for looking.

IMG_4630.jpg
IMG_4601.jpg
IMG_4590.jpgIMG_4594.jpg275304562_10161645397426040_2261212916130670098_n.jpg20220426_092047.jpgIMG_4654.jpgIMG_4665.jpgUntitled-1.jpg278532910_396505342281956_1780616221207844870_n.jpg

Lion is king, no need for the crown he knows it, though a study of lions might change your drawing to be more intense. Sure is a beautiful piece!

Something organic would be nice, maybe ivy or maybe a tye in to boker. Castle or oak.

It is very lovely already Sarah. I agree with the gentleman and so suggest an acorn cluster. Maybe one of the acorn caps could have a diamond stem but not necessarily. Your scroll work with an acorn cluster in the Solingen circle would be restrained and elegant, IMHO.

I still like my acorn idea but would also consider a RAVEN, wearing a crown if need be - or a diamond beak. How did you come across the knife Sarah? Did you buy it as a practice project? You certainly have taken well into the realm of magic (and value) with your skill.

I still like my acorn idea but would also consider a RAVEN, wearing a crown if need be - or a diamond beak. How did you come across the knife Sarah? Did you buy it as a practice project? You certainly have taken well into the realm of magic (and value) with your skill.

I was looking for pretty canvases on knifecenter. This was before I found custom makers and groups for slipjoints.

Sarah,
Did you finish this Boker? I would love to see pictures. I know how these projects can languish when waiting for inspiration ... or just time. So what are the Diamonds? Cubit Zirconia? I'm wondering how these will hold up to actual pocket wear. I wouldn't expect someone to abuse the knife, but it should be able to be carried and used.

Sarah,
Did you finish this Boker? I would love to see pictures. I know how these projects can languish when waiting for inspiration ... or just time. So what are the Diamonds? Cubit Zirconia? I'm wondering how these will hold up to actual pocket wear. I wouldn't expect someone to abuse the knife, but it should be able to be carried and used.

Nope it's still sitting with unfinished bits.

They're genuine diamonds.

I had a post it note with the dimensions and carat weight of each stone, but I lost it. I can measure them in their settings and make a rough total carat weight estimate, but if I had to guess it's ~.15cttw. SI-GH clarity color

That puts this knife out of reach for me :) I'm a knife Gourmand rather than Gourmet, But I do love my Boker's and I really like the engraving. I am not the biggest fan of flourishes and embellishments, but these are very elegant. I do think the Lion wearing a crown might be overkill, but I don't know what it would look like fully engraved.

[edit, looking at the price, the diamonds don't add that much cost (at the raw material level), but it definitely becomes pocket jewelry.]

Nah, don't finish. That would mean there's another absolutely incredible knife out there I can't have!
Simplicity and elegance are already writ large on your knife with the scrolls, but I'd love to see what you do with a lion.

That puts this knife out of reach for me :) I'm a knife Gourmand rather than Gourmet, But I do love my Boker's and I really like the engraving. I am not the biggest fan of flourishes and embellishments, but these are very elegant. I do think the Lion wearing a crown might be overkill, but I don't know what it would look like fully engraved.
Eh they're just rocks. Most diamonds at this size and clarity are between 8 and 12 dollars each.

Yeah I bet it would be, I think more scrolls would be the best thing for it.

Back