Scrap Yard Knife Passaround

Well I just got my Scrapyard Dumpster Mutt Double Cut and I figured I would try and share it with some of my fellow forum dwellers. I know I am kind of a lurker so pretty much all of you dont know who I am but I have been reading this forum for a few months and I figured I could contribute something to it.

So I have avaliable for passaround a Scrapyard DMDC new still in cardboard sheath, It has not been sharpened or used (except for some paper and such). These didnt come very sharp from the factory so keep that in mind.

I have never ran a passaround so if someone else wants to take over the management of this that would be fine. I just would prefer to keep this to a week or so max with maybe 6 or 7 people.

For those of you who dont know what this knife looks like here is a link to a picture as well as some info on it.

http://www.scrapyardknives.com/knives.htm

Ok the list:

1) Cuts like a Kris
2) JerkeeJoe
3) William.M
4) ajcz
5) kiahs
6) naked
7) Any Cal.
8) banana-clip
9)CaptInsano

In order to keep from being taken advantage of I will only accept people who have recenty posted on this forum.

If someone who adds themselves to this list wants to put a sharp edge on this knife while they have it that would be great since I have no sharpening skills. Also feel free to modify the knife as you like it (so much as it doesn't ruin the "feel" for the next person) when I get this thing back it would be fun if it wasn't exactly the same as it went out and felt like it had done some traveling.

****CLOSED*****

Last edited:
Why do they not show any knives as being available? I've been half heartedly keeping an eye out for one of theirs but not seen them listed as available.

I got my DMDC in the mail yesterday so I won't be participating in this, but I would expect it to have a great turn-out.

CDRules, were you able to get a sheath with yours? Mine was not in the box.

BigNate, SY knives sell out quick. The offered a Dog Father a few months ago and they sold out in 5 minutes. These sold out in about 20 if I'm not mistaken.

CD Rules, VERY cool of you to offer up. I'd have a hard time letting a new toy get around to so many hands. ;)

Will SY Knives take a CC# and just send one from the next batch or ?????

I'd like in on the passaround. I've been debating picking one of these up for a while now. Thanks for offering this up.

I will not be in on the pass around due to I have one and love it,great jesture on your part, every one enjoy !
IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

Very generous offer:cool: As Pitdog mentioned, you will have plenty of willing participants:)

I would love to be included in this if you are OK with Canadians being included (no risk of Customs Confiscation of a fixed blade). I have never held a Busse, swamp Rat, scrap yard.... and would love the chance. I am walking properly yet so it would just get some basement time but still; "a knife in the hand- makes me happy!!!"

CD Rules, VERY cool of you to offer up. I'd have a hard time letting a new toy get around to so many hands. ;)

Will SY Knives take a CC# and just send one from the next batch or ?????

No! You have to be in the forum (Scrapyard) when they release it and place your order.
Understand these blades have a very high demand, and the supply is not the same.

I was in the 1st. batch and those in the second batch I believe are 6weeks out.... and yes 20 minutes or less all snatched up !! Great blades with a very high demand .... I got me one and hooked up a buddy

I would love to be included in this if you are OK with Canadians being included (no risk of Customs Confiscation of a fixed blade). I have never held a Busse, swamp Rat, scrap yard.... and would love the chance. I am walking properly yet so it would just get some basement time but still; "a knife in the hand- makes me happy!!!"

I dont have a problem with adding someone who is in Canada I just want to make sure that the person before you is willing to pay the extra shipping costs. I also dont know the laws and regulations on shipping internationally.

ok aceoflbades your in.

This has nothing to do with the passaround but I have a stripper friend who loves to dance to Ace of Spades by MotorHead if that has anything to do with your name.

I think..Strippers are use to the pass around....:D no offense meant to strippers I support single moms !:thumbup:

Lol...it's like a guy on another forum I go to said in reference to loading SKS and M14 rifles...bottom line, strippers work great and are cheap and disposable!

Although come to think of it they haven't been all that cheap for me...I don't even want to think about how much money I have spent at strip clubs in my life, I am sure it's well into the thousands. Is there a :WAH: smiley or what?

Back