Benchmade Screw Extractors

• I stripped a t6 frame screw on a Benchmade mini Grip and can’t get it out. I’ve tried numerous ways to get it out but none work. Damn loctite! Anyone try a micro screw extractor? Any suggestions on a good brand? Thanks.
I have a screw extractor set that's small enough to pull knife screws. I bought mine at Rockler, but if you have a woodworking store handy that would be the shop I would try. My workshop is a mess right now, I'm coming off an injury, but if I can find it I will post up the brand.

A company called Alden makes a a bit set called "microGrabit." You have to buy the set of 4, but the smallest bit in there will work on bolts No.5 or No.6.

My
I don’t have a T6
bad. Wowbagger, I have a set of Wiha Torx drivers, including a T6. I am “all in” to get this screw out. I have pair of Vampliers coming in two days. Got some Bondhus Screw Grab friction drops coming tomorrow as well as a set of Werkzueg extractor bits including one at 1.5 mm which should be small enough for the 1.7 mm T6 screw. When I get back home tomorrow, I’ll try the Bondhus and extractor bits. If that doesnt do it, I’ll heat up the screw and go after it with the Vampliers the following day. Wowbagger, please accept my sincerest apologies. I’m on a trip to Houston and didn’t see your post. I do sincerely appreciate your response as well as everyone else’s. I also appreciate the moderator’s offer to send it in to him, but I want to learn from this challenge it I can. Again, thanks to each one of you. I’ll let you know of my success getting this screw out, out lack thereof. Also, if I get it out and get the WTA scales on it, I’ll try to post some photos. The new scales are really nice. Much better than the factory plastic scales.

I GIVE UP ! ! !
:mad::confused:o_O:mad:
PS: and not even a thank you. :thumbsdown:

Got home and got to work on that darn stripped screw. Put the knife in a padded vice and applied Liquid Wrench for a couple hours to hopefully get it loosened up. Then applied the Bondhus and tried to manually loosen the screw with my T6 Wiha. No luck. Pulled out the new Werkzueg extractors with the smallest 1.5 mm cutting bit and after about 15 minutes . . . Voila! . . . out came the screw! Got a Vamplier coming tomorrow and should be “set” for the next stripped screws I hope. Tomorrow, I will put the new AWT gunmetal blue scales on the Benchmade mini and post some photos. Thanks to all of you who responded (especially you Wowbagger!). Although I never post here, I do read your posts frequently and truly respect all of you knowlegeable posts. Thanks again!

Back