SDFK is Glorious

Is that your first sig SDFK? Or just your first with burlap scales?
First one. I’d only held a couple member’s before. (PLEASE NOTE WHERE THE APOSTROPHE IS 🤣🤣🤣). Honestly, I’d been thinking, what’s the point. The HDFK is so finely tuned and capable for its size. Pretty sure they’ll be close to even after comparing.

First one. I’d only held a couple member’s before. (PLEASE NOTE WHERE THE APOSTROPHE IS 🤣🤣🤣). Honestly, I’d been thinking, what’s the point. The HDFK is so finely tuned and capable for its size. Pretty sure they’ll be close to even after comparing.
Congratulations!

Sounds like most people that have the HDFK and the SDFK reached that conclusion. Made it easier for me to let go of pursuing the HDFK.

The SDFK is a really great knife. I got the basic for my brother and he's completely sworn off all other fixed blades now. It's such a good knife!

Congratulations!

Sounds like most people that have the HDFK and the SDFK reached that conclusion. Made it easier for me to let go of pursuing the HDFK.

The SDFK is a really great knife. I got the basic for my brother and he's completely sworn off all other fixed blades now. It's such a good knife!
…..oh no, you still NEED an HDFK !!! 😂😂😂 It’s a tangled web and far be it from me to add to dissuading a brother from greatness. The HDFK is absolutely out of this world ! The SSDFK is just terrific. Tell me to shut up if I’m not helping…😏

…..oh no, you still NEED an HDFK !!! 😂😂😂 It’s a tangled web and far be it from me to add to dissuading a brother from greatness. The HDFK is absolutely out of this world ! The SSDFK is just terrific. Tell me to shut up if I’m not helping…😏
Definitely helpful. I like hearing from real use experience. More useful info is always better than less. I'd love to hear what you think after trying the SDFK and HDFK out for a while to see if your opinion changes. Detailed comparisons aren't very common.

I have the signature SDFK and that's typically around the size I prefer for a large fixed blade. Personally, I don't find it lacking in any particular area. From what I understand, the HDFK will probably slice better due to geometry, but I haven't heard of anything else that would put it above an SDFK. That's not big in my book, but i could be wrong.

Since the general consensus seems to be that the HDFK and SDFK are too close to call, I can't see spending the aftermarket prices. I've been picking up other knives (CPKs) and equipment instead.

I've probably said this too often, but I don't collect knives. I only have them to use them, so I don't usually buy duplicate fixed blades, or ones that I'd use for the same job. Nothing wrong with someone collecting knives, just not my thing.

Definitely helpful. I like hearing from real use experience. More useful info is always better than less. I'd love to hear what you think after trying the SDFK and HDFK out for a while to see if your opinion changes. Detailed comparisons aren't very common.

I have the signature SDFK and that's typically around the size I prefer for a large fixed blade. Personally, I don't find it lacking in any particular area. From what I understand, the HDFK will probably slice better due to geometry, but I haven't heard of anything else that would put it above an SDFK. That's not big in my book, but i could be wrong.

Since the general consensus seems to be that the HDFK and SDFK are too close to call, I can't see spending the aftermarket prices. I've been picking up other knives (CPKs) and equipment instead.

I've probably said this too often, but I don't collect knives. I only have them to use them, so I don't usually buy duplicate fixed blades, or ones that I'd use for the same job. Nothing wrong with someone collecting knives, just not my thing.
Pàdruig Pàdruig has a nice write up somewhere

I'll look

(OK my ADD kicked in after so many pages still can't find it)

Last edited:
CPK HDFK vs SSDFK- Head to Head Comparison (by an amateur) :

I was becoming an HDFK Purist and finally got my paws on a Signature Series SDFK. Well, for the sake of my opinion and needs, I thought I’d put them head to head.IMG_3848.jpegDisclaimer: I’m only good at two things. They do NOT include photography, knife-making, or knife reviewing.🤭

Packability: The HDFK is slightly smaller and lighter.IMG_3825.jpegIMG_3826.jpegPaper Cut and Food Prep: slight edge to SSDFKIMG_3827.jpegIMG_3849.jpegParacord and Rope Cut : close-SSDFK
IMG_3828.jpegIMG_3830.jpegIMG_3829.jpegIMG_3831.jpeg
Whittling/ Wood Processing: SSDFK ( even w/ the swedge.IMG_3832.jpegDamn the luck !!! I just found out I can only attach 10 pics ! 😡🥵🤬

TO BE CONTINUED:

Back