Sebenza 31 Converts?

I think you just stole the internet from the "use your sh*t " crowd. Mind saying a few words about how you use your knives? What do you find yourself cutting
I don't do anything all that interesting, just really don't rotate things out all that much.

Dressing rope, opening feed bags for the animals, cutting drain tile, stripping wire, I'll whittle a fork if I don't have one when we crank up the truck grill.

It's all fairly normal stuff, it just doesn't get distributed over much of a collection. My small 31 is my primary work knife, it gets left home once in a while, but it does most of the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
I know very little, just that someone here mentioned that Tim had said something about doing a run for the 21s down the road a piece...
I’m sure the 21 run will be at a random time on various websites and I’ll fail to snag any as the majority goes to ebay resellers who will post them for sale at $300 above retail value… 😔

I’m sure the 21 run will be at a random time on various websites and I’ll fail to snag any as the majority goes to ebay resellers who will post them for sale at $300 above retail value… 😔
It's just gonna be the blades. Not actual knives. So the fellas who've had 21s a long time can get in on the magnacut craze.

It's just gonna be the blades. Not actual knives. So the fellas who've had 21s a long time can get in on the magnacut craze.
Yep, Tim was quoted as saying the 21 is the most produced knife ever for CRK so it only makes sense.

If you tighten the stop pin screw before inserting the blade assembly, you can still crimp the outer edge of a washer. This is not a pinched washer, per se, but it can develop a little burr.

If you can't get it settled by reinstalling the bushing, have a look at the outer circumference of both washers, especially the large. If it's out of flat, you can knock it back down on ceramic.

I tighten the rear back spacer screw, but back off the tension on the stop pin a smidge. Hand tight but not cranked down.

Well, I'm converted now.

You were right. Though I thought I knew what a "pinched washer" was...I guess I didn't. Last night I decided to figure out why this darned 31 was so tough to operate. I cleaned it, and carefully/lightly stoned each washer on a fine diamond plate. What I found, was that there was a spot on the large washer (near the center hole) that was showing wear from stoning. The rest of that washer did not. High spot.

A bit of polishing and reassembly along with a liberal amount of CRK grease has given me a very smooth large 31. Sooooo much better.

No idea how I managed to pooch that washer, but I must have. All better now and I thank you for this advice.

Ok so first I was wrong about the 31and have admitted so publicly. Now I am here to admit I was also wrong about the 31 inlays…I really like the way this Micarta feels in the hand. It’s different than the 21 and 25, not worse not better, just different. It’s also growing on me visually as I have it in hand. Pics just don’t do it justice.
View attachment 2363435

Back