Sebenza 31 Value

suhrdole

Platinum Member
Hey guys! I just wanted to start a thread for a little bit of advice. This is not a for sale post at the moment. I have a small sebenza 31 that is a barebones model. No magnacut or anything like that. The knife has snail trails and everything on it as it was carried but the blade and everything is in great shape. I am considering selling it but I really have no idea what i could even ask for it as it is not pristine due to the snail trails. Any help here would be appreciated so that I could make a decision. Thanks in advance!

Plain Jane retails for $425, so probably knock off around $50 for use and older steel 🤷🏼‍♂️
CRK sub forum will probably have a better idea.

Hey guys! I just wanted to start a thread for a little bit of advice. This is not a for sale post at the moment. I have a small sebenza 31 that is a barebones model. No magnacut or anything like that. The knife has snail trails and everything on it as it was carried but the blade and everything is in great shape. I am considering selling it but I really have no idea what i could even ask for it as it is not pristine due to the snail trails. Any help here would be appreciated so that I could make a decision. Thanks in advance!
Also, you could send it in to CRK for their "spa" service, they I believe reblast the handles to remove the marks. You might get a bit more for it

You can learn a lot by visiting the Knife Exchange here. A small 31 PJ LNIB just sold for $375. A clean but sharpened small 31 PJ with double lugs just sold for $320.

I’d expect your heavily used knife will be more than -$50 off of retail. Part of the problem is that CRK 31s just aren’t that hard to find.

Starting at retail new
You deduct for it not being new, why pay you the same as new.
Another deduction for being carried.
If it has been sharpened another deduction. If so how well
? Box and all items that came in box, lack of is another deduction.
I don't know the last 2 so hard to give you a figure, and it also deprnds on what you are competing against in the exchange at the time.
The snail trails alone are not a huge drop, since someone may make it a user or can send it in for spa treatment.
I would look at what is available and price relative to that.
There is somewhat of a bottom in the $300-$325 area that someome will usually buy unless there are major problems

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips everyone! Do you all have any suggestions as to where I should sell it at? I have done a lot of shopping on ebay but not a lot of selling. But I am unsure if there is anywhere better to sell?

Thanks for the tips everyone! Do you all have any suggestions as to where I should sell it at? I have done a lot of shopping on ebay but not a lot of selling. But I am unsure if there is anywhere better to sell?
Right here would be good. There is a large CRK following here. You might get a little more On Ebay, but it will cost more also, and I believe forum buyers are more trust worthy
You already have the membership to sell here so the sale won't cost you anything but PP fees(if you sell G&S) and shipping.
Good luck on your sale

Right here would be good. There is a large CRK following here. You might get a little more On Ebay, but it will cost more also, and I believe forum buyers are more trust worthy
You already have the membership to sell here so the sale won't cost you anything but PP fees(if you sell G&S) and shipping.
Good luck on your sale
Thanks for all the help! I will probably get it listed here soon!

Also, you could send it in to CRK for their "spa" service, they I believe reblast the handles to remove the marks. You might get a bit more for it
That is a great idea. I sent in a small Inkosi that was pretty beat up and dull and it came back looking brand new - and CRK does that for free.

Prices are coming down fast on used and older steels right now. 325 would be the max I would expect.

Back