Photos Sebenza Junkie

Modernflame

Gold Member
Each variety of CRK folder has its following, but the Sebenza is my favorite. Based on what little I know of CRK's sales figures, I'm not alone, as the Sebenza appears to be the best seller. Many other knives have been through my collection, but they were transient. My interests have become so narrow that I only like large Sebenzas with plain titanium handles or wood inlays. I don't even like micarta. The Inkosi is strong, impressive, but in my opinion not as satisfying. The Mnandi is a jewel, but too diminutive for my use. I can't manufacture any lust for the Umnumzaan, though it excels at its purpose. Words like Sebenza, bushing, choil, hollow grind, and 5/64 hex are musical to me!

20220702_152328.jpg

20220702_152434.jpg

20220702_152651.jpg

The Sebenza is my favorite too. The Inkosi is a close second. I would differ with you on the micarta scales. They just seem a little more durable but a wood inlay does look amazing!

I like those 21s you have. A 21 is on my radar next. That or wait until I can get a magnacut Sebenza but I'm not sure when that'll be.

Anyways, here are my Sebenzas.
20220702_170329.jpg

Last edited:
I like those 21s you have. A 21 is on my radar next. That or wait until I can get a magnacut Sebenza but I'm not sure when that'll be.

The 31 is probably a more durable knife, but I think the 21 is worth having. If I'm not mistaken, Tim Reeve said on a recent video that magnacut blades will be available for 21s, so maybe you can reblade a used 21 and have the best of both worlds.

The 31 is probably a more durable knife, but I think the 21 is worth having. If I'm not mistaken, Tim Reeve said on a recent video that magnacut blades will be available for 21s, so maybe you can reblade a used 21 and have the best of both worlds.
That would be awesome! Ill have to look into that.

Last edited:
Awesome collection! I agree with you, there is something special about the Sebenza. Btw looks like you've got loose pivot screw on your inlay 31

Awesome collection! I agree with you, there is something special about the Sebenza. Btw looks like you've got loose pivot screw on your inlay 31
Indeed you are correct. I was too conservative with blue thread locker on the last go around. This has been corrected. Thanks!

Agree ! I just bought a new Sebenza 25 birth-date jan.2014 I am of the strong opinion this is the smoothest operating Sebenza I ever owned eg. Smooth as silk from the moment I took it out of the box. I sent the warranty card in saying bought new wonder how that works , not expecting any problems 🤗

The 21 Sebenza is my favorite, with the Inkosi a close second. I do prefer the PJ models as you can see....

euKCZe4.jpg

Each variety of CRK folder has its following, but the Sebenza is my favorite. Based on what little I know of CRK's sales figures, I'm not alone, as the Sebenza appears to be the best seller. Many other knives have been through my collection, but they were transient. My interests have become so narrow that I only like large Sebenzas with plain titanium handles or wood inlays. I don't even like micarta. The Inkosi is strong, impressive, but in my opinion not as satisfying. The Mnandi is a jewel, but too diminutive for my use. I can't manufacture any lust for the Umnumzaan, though it excels at its purpose. Words like Sebenza, bushing, choil, hollow grind, and 5/64 hex are musical to me!

View attachment 1860233

View attachment 1860234

View attachment 1860235
The good ol’ sebenza is the best. I don’t have hundreds of other knives, but have owned enough and have enough in my collection to judge what I like best. I find the Large Sebenza to be the most useful knife to have in my pocket. I switch it up from time to time, but if I had to choose one knife to save from a house on fire, it would be a large sebenza.

I switch it up from time to time, but if I had to choose one knife to save from a house on fire, it would be a large sebenza.
Most definitely. If I could save two, I would save a 31 and a 21, but I think anything with an Insingo blade might not make it out.

The Sebenza 21 is the knife that I use as my personal benchmark; I have found other knives I prefer over it (I actually like the ergos of the Inkosi more), but it remains my measuring stick.

Sebbie or Inki?
The only correct answer is, "Yes please!"
Got both sizes of each!

Last edited:
Most definitely. If I could save two, I would save a 31 and a 21, but I think anything with an Insingo blade might not make it out.
I originally fell in love with the shape/look of the CRK drop point blade but I have grow to love the tanto blade just as much, if not more.

Who has that CRK with the Bowie blade?
There's a story hiding in here somewhere...

Back