Photos Seeing Red.... RAT's & Pirtle's

Father & Son Traditional Sharpening

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Recently happened to fall into the following set, can't say this was something I really meant at the outset when I snapped up the Mega Swamp Warden from the recent Grab Bag's when it found it's way to trough. Then the Mega Ratmandu the following week became quite irresistible knowing I had these Pirtle sheath's already in the stable....:)

I'd like for the mega rmd to be back on the website please

Me too, MEGA RatManDu seems like a no brainer to be on the storefront full time. Must not have been a big seller though, imagine the Ratweiler outsells it 5:1 just because it's a beast. RMD is much more practical knife, I don't think I've ever heard of somebody carrying Mega Ratweiler on body at all at like 2 lbs of steel.

Me too, MEGA RatManDu seems like a no brainer to be on the storefront full time. Must not have been a big seller though, imagine the Ratweiler outsells it 5:1 just because it's a beast. RMD is much more practical knife, I don't think I've ever heard of somebody carrying Mega Ratweiler on body at all at like 2 lbs of steel.
That's my conceptual vs. practical hang-up with the MEGA offerings. I may pack it in the car but prolly won't carry any of them, except the MEGA Warden. Too heavy, and there are many other very capable Bussekins I can carry that are still plenty strong.

On a hatchet or axe, on the other hand.... That'll be a winner!

Those look like awesome pairings, thanks for posting!

I can tell you my seat of the pants opinion on the Mega, it's the most requested sheath I have had from a Busse release in probably a year. Before we moved and I was shut down I made 16 sheaths and they sold out very fast, plus a couple sold at Blade Show in June. Regardless of how many they sold, the people who purchased them are passionate about them :D

Those look like awesome pairings, thanks for posting!

I can tell you my seat of the pants opinion on the Mega, it's the most requested sheath I have had from a Busse release in probably a year. Before we moved and I was shut down I made 16 sheaths and they sold out very fast, plus a couple sold at Blade Show in June. Regardless of how many they sold, the people who purchased them are passionate about them :D
Reading your post, I should've included the MEGA RMD as one I would carry as well. Very nice knife... A very worthy alternative to my favorite FHFG RMD.

Back