Seeing who's looking at a thread

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Seems with the new software that you do not see who is looking or reading a thread at any given time?

But if you look at a person you can see their current status, if they don't have that turned off.

Is it a feature that I might have not set correctly?

G2

It would be cool if we could see who has already seen a thread, and who is currently looking at a given thread. Like we used to. It might be possible, but I suspect Sparkles is trying to let the new software burn in and iron out the known bigger issues.

I miss that feature myself. Hopefully Spark can get it figured out, if indeed it's even possible.

It does make it seem less like a forum and more like a library, or Wikipedia like thing, a little more impersonal, but, that's just a feeling I get.
G2

It does make it seem less like a forum and more like a library, or Wikipedia like thing, a little more impersonal, but, that's just a feeling I get.
G2

I get the same feeling.

With the old software, and with the appropriate membership level, I forget if it was Gold or Platinum, a member could be "invisible" if they chose.

Personally, I'd prefer to have it off. Whose business is it of anyone else's what I'm viewing? Or mine of theirs? When I was the appropriate level, I always turned invisibility on.

Although I do have to admit that it can be fun when a troll is getting reamed and you see they're watching and you're awaiting their reply (sometimes which doesn't come). But I'd rather have invisibility on than this silly vicarious amusement.

Guess it depends on where you spend your time most? Some places I'd not want folks to see me there either, but in the Traditional area or sales forum you can see old friends that are looking in on a common thread or conversation or who might be interested in buying something you're selling, but not seeing anyone is strange after so many years.

And yes, it probably isn't anyone's business what someone else is doing, can't fault that logic...
G2

I miss that feature as well. It made it feel more like a community rather than just a "posting board" as stated earlier.

Back