Share Your Unique Damascus

This thread moved way too far from the first page!!! Here's my newest Damascus ..... It's a Delbert Ealy Damascus in his fish pattern. The knife is a custom Lightspeed that Steve Kelly just made for me.

BPLightspeedBlade.jpg

BPLightspeed13.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice Damascus, I can just sit here and look at it for hours. Sometimes I see a lava flow and then at other times it looks like the desert, Just Beautiful. Congratulations on the Acquisition Dennis :thumbup:

This thread moved way too far from the first page!!! Here's my newest Damascus ..... It's a Delbert Ealy Damascus in his fish pattern. The knife is a custom Steve Kelly Lightspeed he just made for me.

BPLightspeedBlade.jpg

BPLightspeed13.jpg

Wow, I love how it is signed on top of the blade. Beautiful Damascus

Thanks Dino and Tom .... what makes this one special to me is that I picked out the specific materials I wanted in the knife. Had been looking at Del Ealy's Damascus for a long time and thought it work well in this knife with some Black Palm. Contacted Del and he had a perfectly sized billet in stock. Then, spent the better part of 2 days searching for the particular block of BP I wanted use it it. I was originally going to do something different with the zirconium bolsters/clip/backspacer .... but Steve talked me into giving it this dark, highly polished look ..... certainly glad he did. Anyway .... understand (from a business standpoint) why CRK limits its Damascus choices ... but gosh .... this is an example of why I wish it weren't so!!! And ..... speaking of Damascus. Has anyone noticed a difference in the DT Damascus in some of the newest CRKs? I had looked at some of the raindrop Damascus in recently-made Sebenzas and it looked, well, fuzzier ... less crisp (for lack of better terms) than the raindrop Sebbies made, say, 6-8 months + ago. Then, yesterday, I saw a new (made in March) Sebbie with the ladder pattern and it gave me the same impression. I wonder if DT changed something in his Damascus. Or, maybe it's just my eyes.

^ I hope it's Devin's damascus and not his brother Rob's:eek: Does anyone know? There was a thread someone pointed me to recently about Rob screwing Devin and taking over his shop. I've been meaning to call Devin myself and ask but haven't got around to it, I'd like to know that the man who developed the pattern's is the one reaping the reward.

From what I gather, Rob Thomas stepped in to help his brother Devin with the business of producing the steels a few years back when DT was having some health problems . As often happens with family business partners, what started out as altruistic soon turned into ugly disagreements - resulting in a splitting of the business. Now there is "Thomas Damascus" produced by Rob in Devin's old shop, and "Devin Thomas Damascus" produced by DT. Being a pretty loyal guy, Chris has stuck with Devin as his supplier of damascus.

Last edited:
Thanks Dallas:thumbup: That's what I figured as well. I had no doubt CRK was using DT damascus , I just wanted to get the facts straight, thanks again.

No, you are right. I've been considering another inlaid sebenza with raindrop, from a well known vendor, and they themselves pointed out the difference. I might buy it anyway just to have a variation in the damascus.

Now that I look at it, the latest "Devin" raindrop looks like the Typhoon damascus Rob Thomas provides to William Henry. Coincidence?

Thanks Dino and Tom .... what makes this one special to me is that I picked out the specific materials I wanted in the knife. Had been looking at Del Ealy's Damascus for a long time and thought it work well in this knife with some Black Palm. Contacted Del and he had a perfectly sized billet in stock. Then, spent the better part of 2 days searching for the particular block of BP I wanted use it it. I was originally going to do something different with the zirconium bolsters/clip/backspacer .... but Steve talked me into giving it this dark, highly polished look ..... certainly glad he did. Anyway .... understand (from a business standpoint) why CRK limits its Damascus choices ... but gosh .... this is an example of why I wish it weren't so!!! And ..... speaking of Damascus. Has anyone noticed a difference in the DT Damascus in some of the newest CRKs? I had looked at some of the raindrop Damascus in recently-made Sebenzas and it looked, well, fuzzier ... less crisp (for lack of better terms) than the raindrop Sebbies made, say, 6-8 months + ago. Then, yesterday, I saw a new (made in March) Sebbie with the ladder pattern and it gave me the same impression. I wonder if DT changed something in his Damascus. Or, maybe it's just my eyes.

The recent raindrop variations have been so different, it almost looks like another type of Damascus.

Another variation for the thread: Sharkstooth

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shark1.jpg
    Shark1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 416
  • SharkT.jpg
    SharkT.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 412
Sweet! Two months is WAY too long to go without an addition to this thread!!! Thanks L & L!!

How about a little Eggerling Damascus. This is a very pretty mosaic design and my first Eggerling. Just got her today.

WWhittakerABlade.jpg

Thanks, she's a beaut ..... probably too pretty for me!!! Already posted pics if the knife over in the Gallery forum

Here's my second Swedish Damasteel (first was one in the Heimskringla pattern). This one is a beautiful Oden's Eye pattern with polished flats.

BlomerusEng2.jpg

Here's a Chad Nichols carbon Damascus in his frenzy pattern:

ADTimFL8.jpg

Back