sharpen SAK serrated blade

I am going to buy a one hand Vic Trekker :D (I believe this is the same knife used by the German army since a couple of years). I wonder however how to sharpen the serrated blade? Can you help? :confused:

The Spyderco Sharpmaker would be great indeed. Or maybe a triangular diamond (or ceramic) sharpening stick.

When I got my first OHT, I already owned a Lansky kit. So I spent $8-10 on the triangular stone and badabing, serrations get sharper 'n heck.

I just got my Trekker a few days ago. I had plans to remove the serrations upon arrival but decided to against it. I will use it as is. As it starts to dull I will begin sharpening it like it was a regular double beveled plain edge. It will be plain edge eventually, no need to rush the process in one fell swoop and waste good steel.

By the way, the knife is sharp as heck fresh out of the box. :D I was on the fence regarding the Trekker because of the serrated/chisel combo edge, the pseudo lefty liner slipjoint lock, and the T-handle phillips (I prefer corkscrew so I can carry eyeglass screwdriver and feel the can opener tip is sufficient for phillips screws). Anyway I plunked down $28 to QVC.com and ordered it. I am very pleased with it so far! I may order another for Father's Day.

Back