Sharpening Crowfoot?

Looking for some advice for putting an edge back on a Crowfoot. This is my first S30V and so far I can't get my Sharpmaker to do the trick. Never this problem before. Any advice?

Do you have diamond stones for the sharpmaker? I use diamond stones here, and Spyderco ceramich bench stones. I must confess I dont know what a sharp maker looks like!

ra_jamesd,

I have a number of S30V knives, and had a simailair problem.
For sharpening S30V get a set of diamond hones in medium and fine and a steel especially if you plan to tune up a blade in the field.

I don't own and have not used a Sharpmaker, but with the hand held ceramic rods I have it requires a fair bit of pressure to get a good edge. The diamond hones work quickly and give a toothy edge that bites into the cut nicely.

Good luck, the Crowfoot is a work horse of a blade. You'll find that the S30V holds a great edge once you get it figured out.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up a DMT Aligner kit at the Blade Show but I haven't tried it on the crowfoot yet. I like the spyderco sharpener because it is easy to keep an acurate angle on the ceramic triangles. It works well on my 154CM and D2 blades. Any advice on what a good angle would be for this blade?

Back