sharpening the CUDA

Hello all you CUDA owners!. I am wondering what you all do to sharpen your CUDA edge to a degree of reasonable sharpness. I am having a devil of a time getting mine to really sharpen up. It is ATS-34 and should sharpen up well. I put a 20 deg. bevel on it with my Lansky Diamond hones but it will barely cut hair although it does slice well. At least slices better than it shaves. Just to let you guys know what I am doing when I sharpen either free hand or with my Lansky I sharpened up a BlackJack 1-7 free hand on crock sticks and then a steel and it is razor sharp. Did my CS Master Hunter on the Lansky and it is scary sharp. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Short of sending it back to the factory I would like to solve the puzzle myself. Keep'em sharp.

Longbow,
I dressed one of my CUDAs last night using my Spyderco Tri-Angle & had good results. If your problem persists please ship the knife to Camillus Cutlery to my attention & I will examine the edge under the microscope before I re-sharpen it for you. I promise you same day service!

Hi Phil, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I have misplaced the darn thing. As of Super Bowl Sunday it lies somewhere's within the confines on my torn apart domocile. It may be lost to the gremlins forever. I am the type of person who seems to have only bad luck, or bad mojo, or whatever the hell you want to call it. When and if I find it I will gladly let you take a look at it. Keep'em sharp.

I sympathize. My boot dagger has vanished somewhere in this mess that I call an apartment.

Back