Sheath extender, lowering a factory sheath?

Hi everyone,

I've been in a dilemna about what to do with my factory Benchmade Rant 10502 sheath as it is actually a really nice sheath but it rides too high on the belt to allow a backpack belt strap which is pretty much the only time I belt carry it anyway.

Before I spend a large amount of time which I don't really have I was wondering if there were some common fixes for this problem that don't include getting an expensive custom sheath or modifying the sheath in a permanent way. I was looking at the JRE Leather website and saw this pic and it looks like some of these sheaths have extenders on them:
http://www.jreindustries.com/mora/7options.JPG

Any tips or advice on how to resolve my issue? Here's what the sheath looks like (the belt loop is on the back in the area where the handle is)

Thanks!

Find a ring that has a feature that lets it link up to things. Attach it to the belt loop and either make or find a leather or nylon loop to attach to the top. Bingo! Instant dangler sheath.

You can find the rings at the hardware store, the loops it depends on what you want.

Thanks to everyone for their replies! All of this new info has solved my dilemma and now I just have to decide which is best. Cheers, CW

Back