Sheath Frogs or Studs???

Where can I find a supplier for the stud or frog piece for sheathmaking. I have a few that I got from a local frontier shop but they have no more.

I have also scavenged a few from the Ontario Bagwell sheathes, but I need a good supply.

What does the piece that you are looking for look like.I am not sure of what you are looking for.
Bruce

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

You might try The Leather Factory, 800.433.3201 or 614.781.1700, they did have a store in Columbus, but my catalog is 3 years old. Part #1309, Button Stud (solid Brass), several others with pointed end #1310 and 1312. Various pricing levels depending on your Tax status and qty. I find various uses for the solid brass one #1309.

------------------
ColoradoBoy

You can also make them out of blind bolt and hidden bolt handle rivets,available in brass,stainless,and sometimes,nickel silver.Knifemaker supply houses carry them.

------------------
MIKE

[This message has been edited by MIHKNIVES (edited 04-20-2001).]

The stud or button that you are looking for is the one used in conjunction with the Sam Browne buckles and hardware used in Police and Military equipment. There are two different types--one has the washer that is bradded over the post end and the other is a two piece where one is hammered into the cavity of the other. They are solid brass or solid brass, nickel plated. The Leather factory has them as does Weaver Leather. Price is in the vicinity of seventy cents.
Sandy

Back