Should I be Worried.........

A little background......

I talked to Mark about a Booshway sometime back in mid-August, he had a run coming up and would set one aside for me. I had a big camping trip planned for the first week in September, and although it would be tight he would try and have the knife ready.

We didn't make that time frame but that was no big deal, so on Oct. 3rd I got the email that the handles were going to be glued on that day, i was leaving town for awhile so I sent PayPal for the total so the knife could be shipped. On Oct. 10 I got an email saying he was finishing the knife that week.

That was the last time I heard from Mark. Now I understand that he has moved and has lots of things going on, but I have now paid for a knife a month and a half ago and have got no responses to my many emails..

so should I be worried.......

Not really, but ekspect poor customer relations and a loooong wait. But, when you finally get the knive you will smile :) I hope Mr. wholvend can turn the ship around. Too many threads about lack of communications.

I've been waiting since late July for a knatchet, quoted a delivery time of 60 days. Last I heard was that it was ready for handles as well, that was on Oct. 21st. I certainly don't think he's run away with anyones money, nor am I worried or in any particular need of the knife, but 130 days and counting on a 60 day estimate is a little ridiculous, especially considering no communication since Oct. 21.

Did you ever get your knatchet ?? The BS this guy pulls is sick. I have a few of his knives they are nice but not worth the crap he puts you through.There are plenty of guys who build high quality knives that don't dick you around and treat your emails with the response it deserves.

Ok, I'm not about to stick my nose it other's business, I mean that literally. Mark is a personal friend of mine. I don't live close so I don't see him a lot, but I assure you that if he has promised you something you will get it. I'm not making excuses for him or trying to sugarcoat anything. I know life has got better of him at the moment with the move and other responsibilities and that is starting to take it's toll on his customers. I'm not here to comment on doing things right or wrong, or the lack of communication or any of it, other than he will make good on it. I'm not actually even sure he has internet yet (again... not an excuse, I'm just saying), he has not been on BF since October. I sincerely hope all of this is taken care of promptly, but Mark is an honest man. He is not stealing you money or forgetting about you order. I hate to see things going down this road, and certainly hope it won't for much longer.

Any custom stuff hardly ever makes the estimated time frame, whether it's knives, guns, cars.....

I have never had custom anything delivered when it was supposed to be. I've been waiting on a knife for over a month that I sent back to the maker for new handles.

Same things with ANY custom gunsmithing work I've had done, whether it was local or sent out. Always running behind. Always.

I know that it's going to happen, so I try to plan ahead. I never order anything and plan to take it on a trip or outing any time soon, because I know it's going to be late.

Doesn't matter who it is.

Doesn't make it right, but it's part of the custom made industry.

I talked to Mark a few days ago...He is still trying to get things into his new home place & still going to school ! He said he has lost his cell phone during the move & this was the way he was communicating on BF & I don't think he has his Internet hooked up at his new place yet! He is trying to get things lined out at home so he can get things back to normal. I've been dealing with Mark for a while now, he is an outstanding guy ! If he has promised you something then he will come thru on his end ! I understand you wanting your knives or an answer to your Email & I'm sure he will as soon as he finds his phone or gets his Internet connected ! Mark has got ALOT of things going on right now...cut him a little slack !

Last edited:
knifeshop006.jpg

knifeshop017.jpg

007.jpg

Its done....

From Oct 21 to Jan 21 the following things happened

We took possession of the new house. We packed and then we moved 3 large trailer loads of items into the house.

I secured a sea container and spent several days moving and repairing it to take the shop equipment.

I couldn't keep up with school so I quit.... F's

I move my FIL;s trailer to the new house and set up RV hook ups, wiring and plumbing.

It got cold and we do not have propane so I have had to go cut wood several times.

We arranged house to take more items from old house.

we moved the rabbits and all their cages and made repairs to new barn

We packed more stuff at the old house.

We moved two large u-haul trucks of stuff.

I lost my smartphone and it's replacement died.

We hauled an estimated 40 small trailer loads from the old house

we used ten gallons of paint in the old house, replaced two doors, and installed new flooring and completed three written pages of repairs to prepare it for rent.

We took off for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I proceeded to herniate a disk.

...and there are a ton of other things I can't even think of .....

I had money paid on three knives. I didn't keep up with emails cause I simply didn't want to say over and over again that I was moving and had no idea when I would be on-line again.

I have NEVER took money and not produced a knife.

I can make a decent knife, I have NOT always been the best at the knife business.

I take full responsiblity for what happened.

My cell works again and the email does too.

Call me at a reasonable time if you are still bothered and we will talk....

Thanks for those who understood and best wishes to those who don't...

Mark

Mark, sorry to hear about what was clearly an ultra-stressful time. Got a timeline for your back to be healed up?

Hey Mark..Sorry for my snappy post. Again I have bought several blades from you and you do fine work. You had a lot on your plate and I am happy to see that you are up and running. I also think your new policy for 25 % down is more than fair for both partys involed.

I wish you good luck !

-Mark

Thanks Marko3! I wasn't so offended that I would not sell you more knives ;) lol. We've all made a snappy post or two I am sure ....

BRL, 6-8 weeks, I start physical therapy soon. No forging for a bit! :(

Good luck and get well soon. 6-8 weeks I'll be done buying the new Beckers and ESEE toys and will be casting around for something new.

Back