• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shout out to Going Gear in Georgia!!

I just wanted to take a minute to let you guys know of an absolutely awesome camping gear store located in Smyrna, Georgia. This place just rocks and its called Going Gear. Im not completely sure if this sort of promotion is allowed on the forum, but is worth a shot because these guys treat their customers right. They even have an online store, but I recommend checking out the actual location if you can.

Some things I love about this place:
They have a huge wall display of flashlights so you can test them for features and brightness.
The staff is super friendly and knowledgable.
They have one of the best selections of knives I have seen in any "brick and mortar" store.
Tons of camping and survival gear.
Very decent prices and they are CONSTANTLY having discounts and giveaways.

In fact, I just recently was a lucky winner in an anniversary giveaway! I got a free Southern Grind Bad Monkey satin drop point knife. Seriously I am so stoked! Don't assume just because I'm happy from getting a free knife that I'm saying all this. I have actually been a fan of this place for a while now and they have always treated me well. The knife is pretty decent btw...might post a short review soon.

Anyways, they had a TON of prizes they were giving away and they are always giving out more. So seriously, check this place out if you can!

Nice!
About a 2 hour drive for me (not counting the horrible traffic in ATL), so this would be a stop for me if I'm in the area.

Nice!
About a 2 hour drive for me (not counting the horrible traffic in ATL), so this would be a stop for me if I'm in the area.

I have bought from them many times online, always positive. I only wish I could go into their store!!! It's a bit of a drive from my locale, lol :)

Awesome service from these guys, and they listen to their customers. :thumbup:

Going gear is top notch for sure!!

I picked up a very hard to find flashlight from them when they were next to impossible to get.... highly recommended.

Yup, good people to deal with though I've only been able to visit the online store and that was a couple of years ago.
Love their fire steels (misch metal) & that they throw a little freebie in the package.(or used too, a pill container & a whistle)
He used to have a 10% discount code for BF users, but the last time I tried to use it didn't work.(first & second time it did + I got the mentioned freebies)
He's a paid dealer here on BF, goes by the forum name storl.
He hasn't posted here since April last year though, too busy with the new store I guess.

Storl is/was a long-time contributor around here, glad to see his shop is hanging in there! Checking out the site, he has an amazing amount of fire-starting equipment and spare parts as well. And the flashlights...there goes my paycheck.

Ordered a Olight
AWESOME deal Simply OUTSTANDING SERVICE..................

I concur!!
I've purchased from their website many times over the past 5 or 6 years.
Excellent service and their 8 strand paracord and ferrocium rods are the best!!!

Went there last Friday. Holy Moly what a store. I could of spent my day there. I had to get out for I left my paycheck there.

I will have to try and visit them sometime. I was looking for a brick & mortar store that had more camping/outdoor gear.
Thanks for the post brotherscinco.

Glad to hear more positive stories! My girlfriend even loves this place.

Also thanks to the mod who moved this to the appropriate forum!
Wasn't sure where to post but it makes sense.

Back