Show what you did with your EDC today.

i-VWtpJFv-X4.jpg

Went on a goose hunt. We bagged 10. Ill be making jerky out of them. The white river is excellent for breasting them out and then my GB2 in Cruwear did the slicing.

View attachment 2448494View attachment 2448495View attachment 2448496
A little salt, fresh ground black pepper, just off direct heat from a good bed of hot charcoal. Put on the grill and open the first beer. When beer is done, flip and open second beer. When it is empty, pull goose off the grill and lest rest a few minutes. Pair with long grain and wild rice kicked up with mushrooms, spicy crumbled breakfast sausage and add some cornbread. Good eatin.

There’s the Gorilla Glue curing water. This container won’t get Propylene Glycol because I don’t know how it will affect the cure. It’ll just get changed every day instead of every couple weeks.

IMG_4617.jpeg

Oh and for those wondering, adding this to the water prevents it from freezing.

Like many people in the eastern USA today, we are having torrential rain today. After being gone from the farm running errands for a few hours, I saw that most of the sheep were under their shelters, but one ewe and two rams were not where I expected them to be. I found the ewe trapped in a tangle of vines growing along a fence. She had been flirting with the rams on the opposite side of the fence. The rams were not trapped, they just had higher priorities than not getting completely drenched.

I got out the Strongarm (420HC, rated 8 for corrosion resistance by Larrin), but after cutting a dozen or so vines, the ewe still could not move much. I finally found a vine about half an inch thick that was across her chest, buried in her fleece where it was not visible. I cut that vine, and the ewe ran over to a shelter. The two rams looked at me accusingly and wandered off to some trees.

Sorry, taking photos was not really practical.

Back