Show your HDFK!

I’ll be buried with my HDFK. It ain’t goin’ nowhere.

MU96gOj.jpeg

If I knew I was going to die, I’d keep a few blades for my family to have and the rest, I’d give them away to friends here on BF to use. As for cremation? I’m kinda undecided in whether I want to be worm dirt or ash.
I'm going with the ash. Otherwise, that's pretty much the plan I've posted hereabouts myself.

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat. Wondering what the SDFK feels like in hand, use, etc. Is yours a user?
Yeah, I use my ssdfk anytime I can. It's surprisingly nimble and light for its size. I've used it to baton and process wood, chop tree roots, process large game, and perform labor/utility tasks (cut wire, trim pvc pipe, cut weed cloth, etc.). It has enough belly to skin well and it's tip is pronounced enough that I haven't had need of a "pointier" tip.

I've never found it lacking in any way. It's as perfect a knife as I've ever found. I prefer it over every other fixed blade or folding knife I've ever used. Don't get me wrong though, it's not a kitchen or filet knife. It can perform those tasks if needed though.

Wait, so you didn't sell it? I can't keep up...

Brother I just couldn’t do it! I’ve wanted one for years and said the heck with it. Moving or not I’m keeping this one. And besides could there be a better desert hiking / camping knife?

Well, then I guess it's lucky that the guy I sent your way this morning couldn't come up with the price. Congrats on coming to your senses.

And yet...just when we thought he was in...he pulled himself back out...

Hopefully one of our own gets it.

And yet...just when we thought he was in...he pulled himself back out...

Hopefully one of our own gets it.
This one will sting...but I just paid that truck off last year and I really didn't want another payment just before embarking on my adventure...life throws curve balls, we learn to hit them as young men or we don't get to be old men!

Last edited:
Back