Shurikens

Like these?

katori_shinto_ryu_bo_shuriken.jpg

n2s

more round, sharper taper toward the back. They may have been a little longer (hard to tell, the photo is kind of fuzzy)

Why do these bo shurikens have a taper? If it is an aesthetic thing then large masonry nails should work about as well.

NAIL.jpg

n2s

Why do these bo shurikens have a taper? If it is an aesthetic thing then large masonry nails should work about as well.

NAIL.jpg

n2s

The part that hits the target is the fat end, the long slim end is the tail. To have a masonry nail work you would have to draw out the head to a point. When I get a chance I will get mine out of storage, haven't touched them for a while, might be fun to get them out for a few throws!

Actually to throw nails you dont need to take off the head, but it would be a good idea. I have a few giant nails and used to throw them all the time they worked great even with the heads. I threw them both the japanese way and by the point, the japaneese way had them stick but throwing them by the point just made them poiny clubs that were more efective at bludgeoning than anything else.

Back