Siegle of California?

Has anyone had any mishaps ordering from Siegle? I've tried three times now and still no leather!

First time their website crapped out on me. Second time wasn't Friday but since Friday specials were posted on their website I figured the prices were still good. Wrong! The girl taking my order scolded me and I ended up getting frustrated and not placing an order at all; totally unhelpful. So I waited until Friday (the same specials were still in effect), placed my order, and waited. And waited. Then I waited some more. Finally when it didn't come today (about a week later than expected) I called; they found my order all right, but they couldn't tell me why it hadn't been shipped. So they said they'd for sure get it out tomorrow. Uh huh. I guess we'll see.

Meanwhile, any other ideas for good leather prices, and has anyone else had similar "success" with Siegle?

Crimeny!

Dave

I've always gotten excellent service from Siegle.

------------------
Take care!! Michael
jesus.jpg

Always think of your fellow knife makers as partners in the search for the perfect blade, not as people trying to compete with you and your work!
http://www.nebsnow.com/L6steel
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms!!!

try the Leather Factory, good service friendly people, join the wholesale club get a decent discount the $25. fee was paid for the first hide I bought

------------------
Sola Fide

to your repy on leather,muir&mcdonald is agreat place.I know i used to work there.vegetable tanned leather,quick to send, nice people to deal with. plus after your first order.you get a 25:00coupon on next order,try them.1-800-547-1299;ya wont be diappointed royboy.

------------------

I've used thousands of sq feet of their material. only problem was once i was sent the wrong color which they quickly fixed.
Use the phone- they seem to screw up e-mail orders.

Today's update:

No call last night, no call this morning. So I called back. Got the same woman: "Oh, yeah, I was supposed to call you." No, the order hadn't gone out. No, they couldn't get it out today, even though that's what they'd promised me yesterday. Yes, they'd send it tomorrow, 3 day delivery.

Well, we'll see.

Then I think I'll start using the other numbers you great folks have offered. I had a Muir and McDonald flyer once and liked what they had to say. I'll give em a call. Thanks for all the responses.

Dave

Back