Sifu blade not centered, scratching blade on closure.

Anyone know how to center a Sifu blade. Its pretty new. When it's closed the blade rubs against the inner liner scratching the black coating off. :eek:

On another note, I just recieved a carnivore and when the blade is closed it does not stay secure. There is a little free play that allows the blade to partially come out 1/4 inch. Any help in this would be appreciated as well.

I am trying to find the email for rekat but haven't found it yet.

The Sifu is the best knife I have ever owned. Just a little frustrated with the coating being scratched off.

You can email Bob Brothers (one of the 2 designers of the Sifu, and other REKAT knives) by clicking on his name where it lists moderators at the top of the REKAT Forum page, or you can give REKAT a call at: 1-(208)-265-8858.

Their address is:

REKAT
P.O. Box 818
Sagle, Idaho. 83860

You can "adjust" the blade location of the Sifu by loosening the pivot screw on one side, and tightening it up on the other side. It also might help to slightly "bend" the knife away from where the blade is rubbing (do this with the blade closed, so you can see how much "bending" is needed).

As far as the other REKAT folder that you are having problems with, I would send it in to REKAT...In fact, I would send BOTH your REKAT folders back to REKAT for "repair".

The Carny will need pro help but the Sifu is an easy home fix.

To center the Sifu's blade, don't mess with the pivot screws. Loosen the grip screws on just one side, slightly, and then "flex" the whole grip until the blade is centered. The trick then is to "hold it flexed" while you tighten the grip screws back up. Once it's all locked down again, the grip screws will hold the grip "flexed" to the degree necessary.

Now, I haven't had to do this myself but I've talked to others who did this drill with good results.

Jim

i have heard of sifu's w/a off center blade before - i personally would box them up and ship to bob after talking w/him - its brothers@plix.com alwys have gotten a quick response from him, and i bet you have your knives back, fixed, w/in 10 days .....

sifu

Back