SIFU box

I've just bought SIFU (D-2 stonewashed blade and carbon fiber handle) - what a knife!:D It looks even meaner and feels much more comfortable in hand than one could expect viewing photos.:cool: Anyway, I 've got this great knife in some weird box, in fact it's not box at all. It's a white tube with plastic cover. Is this regular for REKAT knives, cause I'm new to this brand and don't know how REKAT packs it's knives. :confused:

That would be it. The Sifu's that I've ordered: (black handle, Carbon fiber handle and the red handle) all came in a tube. The only difference is the red one had the discription written in red.A friend of mine has a green handle Sifu and his was written in green. Other than that they all came in in big white tubes. In fact when seening used Sifu's being sold you'll see them posted as NIT (new in tube) instead of the NIB (new in box)
Personally I like the packaging idea, something different.

I hope you like your knife....I think they are the coolest big, mean awsome knife offered at a decent price:D

thats correct they come in tubes - mine is a BF spec edetion and it has a label on the tube w/BF Special Edition, XX/75, but i think that all REKATS come in tubes - my brand new CRK knife came in a zip loxk bag, for whatever thats worth ......

sifu

A zip lock bag? Now, that is different. A new knife and a bag to put your cookies in I like it :D

I have one of the first green handled (with clip, and ATS 34 steel)SIFUs. Also came in a tube. Actually, not a bad idea. Nearly impossible to crush one of the tubes. Maybe Emerson should take note! ha ha.

agreed, its a good way to ship - i am suprised no one else does it that way w/the tube?

sifu

In the "for what it's worth" category,I received on monday a Talonite carnivore direct from REKAT and it did NOT come in a tube as my 2 previous REKATs from 1sks had. It was packaged in a small bubble packaging sealable baggy (is how I would describe it). And that bubble wrap baggy was in a small box the size of about 3 normal knife boxes(like CRKT or camillus uses) and that box had some styro peanuts around the bubble baggy. But no tube?!?

I second the appreciation of the tubes, very strong, not to mention a little distinctive.

Back