Site Traffic

I'm curious whether there has been a meaningful change in traffic since the software/format change? I have no issue with it at all, but was curious as to whether it seems to have impacted visitors, positively or negatively, or not at all.

ive had nothing but positive experience with the new software. only issue i had was, i had to turn down the quality on my phone camera to upload files directly. which isnt a big deal, i understand bandwidth/space is limited to a degree. in anycase, its a huge upgrade over the old software. the notifications are my favorite part of the upgrade. likes are cool too. but really wish the implemented dislikes also.

I can't speak for anybody else but I still visit here just as often as I used to before the upgrade. No more and no less.

I've read a few (very few) comments from folks saying they won't come back or won't visit as often but it hasn't had that effect on me at all. I like it better too.

Most of those comments were from members who are disappointed in the lack of Tapatalk (I think that's what it's called) but I've never used it myself so the lack of it hasn't effected me.

Threads remain the same, posts have a bit of a dip, but with Tapatalk no longer being supported that's expected. User registrations & activity all within normal levels.

Threads remain the same, posts have a bit of a dip, but with Tapatalk no longer being supported that's expected. User registrations & activity all within normal levels.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. I'd have had some concerns about it (most people don't like change), and am glad it didn't upset the apple cart.

I don't use a cell phone but a computer or laptop. Times have changed and the new format keeps me from renewing membership. Maybe it works better with a smartphone but I am older and use an old flip phone..

seems that everything moved away from computers and laptops and things aren't set up for people like me anymore

I don't use a cell phone but a computer or laptop. Times have changed and the new format keeps me from renewing membership. Maybe it works better with a smartphone but I am older and use an old flip phone..

seems that everything moved away from computers and laptops and things aren't set up for people like me anymore
Did you consider getting an iPod? No data plan, monthly fee, WIFI capability? That's my main device for going online and I don't find it too different from before.

What issues do you have when using a laptop or computer? What browser are you using? I ask because it seems to be working great for a lot of people.

I use a pc and my phone, both equally, sometimes when it is a more complicated response I use a pc exclusively. When pictures are concerned it is pc only. I do not understand your issue at all. If anything, the new format has brought the pc and phone experience closer together for me. :confused:

Did you consider getting an iPod? No data plan, monthly fee, WIFI capability? That's my main device for going online and I don't find it too different from before.
No touch screen for me. Thanks!

What exactly isn't working on the site for you now?

Most of the time I'm on the PC (Windows 7, Firefox) Once I figured out where things are and what they are now called, I haven't had any problems. In fact, the pages are loading faster, and I find the Flat Awesome + very clean and easy to read. (I did increase the font size by 10%, because I'm old and my eyes get tired at the end of the day)

I admit there are a few features I miss, like "groups" and the "who's watching this thread" but there are lots of new features I like a lot: customizable alerts, the private conversation format for PMs, and the ability to upload a picture directly.

Have you tried a different browser as suggested above? I can't help thinking that that might be your problem.

I always use a desktop computer. I've never once used a cell phone for internet usage because like you, I use a flip phone with no internet access. I use Firefox on my home desktop and my work desktop and I don't have any problems on either one.

Try a different browser if you haven't already. That just might do it.

What exactly isn't working on the site for you now?

Most of the time I'm on the PC (Windows 7, Firefox) Once I figured out where things are and what they are now called, I haven't had any problems. In fact, the pages are loading faster, and I find the Flat Awesome + very clean and easy to read. (I did increase the font size by 10%, because I'm old and my eyes get tired at the end of the day)

I admit there are a few features I miss, like "groups" and the "who's watching this thread" but there are lots of new features I like a lot: customizable alerts, the private conversation format for PMs, and the ability to upload a picture directly.

Well I don't like all the sites new features and the NON-features it used to have and is missing.

I have been using it here now for ahh, what a few months since the change and I am not adapting to this whole new format and layout.

For one it makes everything much more difficult that used to be easy. What was one step is several steps now. l also cannot find anything.. things are not where one suspect and this makes the site very unuser friendly.

Bottom line. I have so limited time on my hand each day. I come here for recreation and RELAXING time. When it starts to get so complicated it feels like work again. (and it has been work).And I don't feel like working a new site trying to find things over and over (because they are not using a common sence to put things where you think they would be...

(YEAH you web page designers!!! I am speaking about you. )

You know the old saying-"when it ain't broke-don't fix it!"

Well NOW it really needs fixing!

The way this site is going it is like all new technology. Like new cars with all the electronic chips and gadget things it does.. well those things break.. and nobody can even change their old or spark plugs anymore because the "engineer" put things in places without giving a shit about the owner of the car. Those of you know that have tried to replace something simple and find out the engine needs to be dropped to install a starter or something else even less complicated that would fall under monthly maintenance.. .The designing engineers didn't give 2 shits whether you are able to do a oil change.. no they want you to work around their moronic designs.

I refuse to give in to this BS and call people out the way it really is. Maybe in the future someone (a bit younger than me) will create a Knife forum site made more simple and easy to remember where things are (or where you would naturally look for them).. LOL!

Sorry but I used to ej=njoy this place.. I could take the 2-3 days shutdowns. Anything now. Just please give me the old site back..

Well I don't like all the sites new features and the NON-features it used to have and is missing.

I have been using it here now for ahh, what a few months since the change and I am not adapting to this whole new format and layout.

For one it makes everything much more difficult that used to be easy. What was one step is several steps now. l also cannot find anything.. things are not where one suspect and this makes the site very unuser friendly.

Bottom line. I have so limited time on my hand each day. I come here for recreation and RELAXING time. When it starts to get so complicated it feels like work again. (and it has been work).And I don't feel like working a new site trying to find things over and over (because they are not using a common sence to put things where you think they would be...

(YEAH you web page designers!!! I am speaking about you. )

You know the old saying-"when it ain't broke-don't fix it!"

Well NOW it really needs fixing!

The way this site is going it is like all new technology. Like new cars with all the electronic chips and gadget things it does.. well those things break.. and nobody can even change their old or spark plugs anymore because the "engineer" put things in places without giving a shit about the owner of the car. Those of you know that have tried to replace something simple and find out the engine needs to be dropped to install a starter or something else even less complicated that would fall under monthly maintenance.. .The designing engineers didn't give 2 shits whether you are able to do a oil change.. no they want you to work around their moronic designs.

I refuse to give in to this BS and call people out the way it really is. Maybe in the future someone (a bit younger than me) will create a Knife forum site made more simple and easy to remember where things are (or where you would naturally look for them).. LOL!

Sorry but I used to ej=njoy this place.. I could take the 2-3 days shutdowns. Anything now. Just please give me the old site back..
I suppose I know where you're coming from on the constant upgrading of technology. I had to really look around to find a car with roll-up windows and a physical key. I like to keep things simple, and I don't look forward to my next car.

It just so happened that the format changeover fell on a weekend when I was in the mood to open a beer or two, sit back, and click on all the links, figuring out where everything was without getting frustrated. Once I figured it all out, I hardly remember what the site used to look like.

My point is, I'm not judging. Posting here is part of a hobby, and if it isn't fun, why do it? It's not going to change back, so either adapt or find something else fun and relaxing to do.

Back