six flags is not knife friendly

I've been into Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas a few times with my knife. I can't remember which one I took but I was carrying it IWB with the clip hidden behind my belt. The metal detector didn't go off and I walked right in. It sucks having to "hide" things, but when you have a knife on you every day, it's hard not to take it places they don't want you to have it.

I got in to Six Flags with a cold steel rajah 2 and a sog flash 2. They didn't even check. We also went to the Sacramento state fair, got in with my XL Espada and benchmade grip in rescue orange lol on that one it did help that I was carrying my 3 year old son, the wife had all the bags. For the most part I EDC a CS Spartan Espada XL or the rajah 2 and a smaller utility blade, I've never had an issue with all the places I go. Just my 2 cents

If I owned an amusement park, I probably wouldn't want people walking around, getting stabbed with flying knives from people's pockets on roller coasters.

All I will say is don't let Disney Parks SEE your blade. They won't let you in with it. They do, however have LEO lockers for firearms, and if one is available, they will "allow" you to put it in there instead of going back out to your car.

I remember when NYPD didn't harrass and arrest innocent people for carrying a pocket knife and then spending hours trying to flick it open so they can tack on a gravity knife charge

if you find the thread a NYPD officer even admitted on these forums him and all the cops he knows will purposefully be A-holes to you for carrying a knife just because they can and want to

They'll also check the flashlight on your keychain. Make sure to put it on the brightest setting for when they look into it to make sure its ok...

I remember the pre 9/11 days when I would take my knife on the plane with me all the time. I would just dump it into the margarine tub with my keys, wallet, Chapstick, etc. and pass it around the metal detectors...ahhhhh, the good old days!!!

The last time I went to Six Flags they stopped me about 10 minutes after I had entered the park and told me that I would have to go to the souvenir shop and buy another t-shirt or leave because the one I had on was not allowed.

I was wearing a shirt with a cuss word on it. I took it off, turned it inside out and put it back on and walked off. Sometimes I think the need to censor gets a little out of hand.

Old post I know, but...

lol @ wearing a shirt with cuss words to a children's amusement park. Stay Classy San Diego.

I've been going to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio with the family for years. Never been any kind of security. Present your ticket, walk through a turnstile and you're in. This appears to be policy for all the cedar fair parks (Cedar Point, King's Dominion, Michigan Adventure, a few others I can't think of right now).

flashlights are illegal now!?

Not illegal but they check to make sure its not hiding something that is illegal. Kind of like when they make you turn on your laptop at the airport. I'm not sure if they all check but the one I had didn't seem very bright.

ridiculous. and if the officer likes your flashlight he'll come up with some bullsh!t excuse to confiscate it

Take whatever you want with you. Food, drinks, bottles of water. If they complain tell them that you are HyperGlycemic and your doctor requires you to keep food on you at all times.

They wont mess with you. The last thing they want is a lawsuit. This trick has worked for me twice in the past. Just make sure you act sincere, and reassuring when you confront them.

I really need to remember that one that's genius! How did you come up with it?

I had a 1 inch blade slip joint key chain knife confiscated in Six Flags Magic Mountain here in California. The blade wasn't even sharpened.

Never had a problem at cedar point in sandusky, Ohio. As long as you have ticket in hand, just wait for it to be scanned, smile, and walk on through the turnstile.

Legoland in Winter Haven, Florida, has walk -through metal detectors, but the sensitivity must be set low, at least during the opening rush, since my steel-core belt didn't set it off. They screen bags manually (no magnetometers) and not very well.

Probably could have smuggled anything in with ease.

I didn't bring a knife in, but I did bring my unbreakable umbrella, which I did regularly need for its main purpose while I was there.

Back