Small Bifold Wallet

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in this forum (never knew it existed until recently) but I'm a big Saddleback fan. I own a large gadget sleeve, old bull belt, ID wallet, and a long trifold wallet...well my wife owns that one.

Anyways, I just ordered a small bifold and had a few questions. Did the design change at some point on these to make them thinner? It also looks like they now have pigskin on only one side in the money slot? What is the general consensus on these for EDC? I like thin wallets but wanted to try a bifold which is why I went with the small.

If you have pics I'd be happy to see them! Thanks :).

I was originally on the fence for years in regards to Saddleback wallets. I wasn't sure I would dig their simplistic design, and the cost was a bit higher than the wallets I had been buying (Fossil). I saw one come up on the exchange here for a great price, so I decided to give it a shot.

I love it. I've recommended them to every guy I know that looks like he needs a new wallet. I sized down what I carry in my wallet, and the thin design is wonderful. I can barely feel it when I sit down, it's lightweight, and carries exactly what I need. The leather looks awesome, and I enjoy every time I pull it out to pay for something.

You can't go wrong with Saddleback.

Thanks for the feedback. I own a bunch of Saddleback products already and can wait to get this wallet. Which wallet do you have?

Thanks for the feedback. I own a bunch of Saddleback products already and can wait to get this wallet. Which wallet do you have?

I have the small bifold in dark coffee brown. You won't be disappointed.

y4L3MzA.jpg

Very beautiful! That's the exact wallet I have in order...color and everything. I love how it wears over time. Thanks for posting the pic!

I've had my credit card wallet in Tobacco for almost 2 weeks now and I can't believe how dumb I was to have waited this long to buy one. My last wallet was an expensive (but beautiful and well made) Chester Mox wallet. But I wanted a wallet to cover my cards but I want willing to pay over $150 for a Chester Mox bifold.

Enter the credit card wallet. Omg. Quality quality quality. It's simple, durable, classy, rugged, and just downright good looking wallet. It holds my cards perfectly and it's now changing colors. Love mine to death. Im planning on passing it down to my Son.

I recently bought my first Saddleback wallet (small bifold), and I like it a lot. I also have the large bifold in tobacco - it is much more robust in terms of the thickness of the leather they used.

I prefer the small, thin one.

Would you say the small is small enough to carry in your front pocket? I can't stand carrying in my back pocket. I've lost too many that way.

Would you say the small is small enough to carry in your front pocket? I can't stand carrying in my back pocket. I've lost too many that way.

I would say it would feel very similar to a larger smart phone in a front pocket. Shouldn't be a problem!

Just got my small bifold in the mail today. First impressions are very positive. It's thin but large enough to hold what I need to carry. The quality is everything you would expect from Saddleback. It's late right now so I'll be loading it up tomorrow for its first day of use. I'll report back and post some pics.

I recently bought my first Saddleback wallet (small bifold), and I like it a lot. I also have the large bifold in tobacco - it is much more robust in terms of the thickness of the leather they used.

I prefer the small, thin one.

Not to change the subject but what kind of Spyderco is that?

Have pigskin on both sides of the money slot. Has worked well for me, favorite wallet till date. SBL support is top notch as well, and respond promptly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407782813.254542.jpg

I've had the wallet for just under two weeks and am waiting patiently for it to break in. Getting bills in is a bit challenging due to the stiff leather and the fact that the pigskin is only on one side of the wallet however I know this will only get better with time. The only complaint I have is that is in regards to the pigskin lining...the inside looks unfinished. Other than that I really like the wallet. It's thin enough for front pocket carry also.

I've had mine for about a year now and I love it as well. This wallet needs no review. It's 10s all across the board.

My only complaint is that this wallet takes a LONG time to break in. After a year, mine is still quite stiff. I sometimes struggle to get a stack of floppy old bills into the pocket deep enough so they don't stick out. More often than not, I walk away from the register with a few bills partially sticking out of the top because I don't want to awkwardly stand there for an extra 10 seconds while I try to shove them down neatly.

On the other hand, the thick leather is what makes the wallet so durable. So I might as well complain that water is wet while I'm at it...

I have been bitten by the Saddleback sickness as well. I absolutely love their wallets! DCB is definitely my color.

My first was a large billfold. Fantastic wallet, but found it stuck out of the pocket about a 1/2" when wearing jeans. I bought a small, and it's great as well. I also use the credit card wallet to hold business cards, and have the passport wallet for travel. I have gifted a couple medium billfolds, but prefer the small and large as the cards come out towards the spine instead of straight up. Just a little added security, even though I've not heard of cards falling out of the medium. Also the small and large sit much flatter than the medium.

c3a84487-0e48-4689-9e86-f6131a7c29f1.jpg

Other than the wallets, I also have the iPhone 5 case and the large and small Moleskine covers. The Front Pocket Briefcase keeps falling in my cart, but the wife casually mentioned we'd have words if one showed up at the house ;)

SBL makes some great stuff. Their new pistol carrying case keeps calling my name. I'm also anxious to see the new items they're going to release this month. Specifically, the soft sided carry on bag.

Back