Small Wheel Attachment Bushings

So, I just got back to the US and was opening up my new Pheer grinder. Well, I ordered a Bader 3/4" wheel from Tru Grit and realized when I opened it that it doesn't come with the bushings for the small wheel holder like what USA Knife Maker sells. Does anyone know where I can order some from? I don't have a mill or lathe to make my own. Thanks.

My bader 3/4" has bearings inside of the drum. The 3/16 shaft sticking out just requires holes to fit into on each side. The advantage is not having any support structure past the front edge of the drum allowing you to grind a fuller.

My bader 3/4" has bearings inside of the drum. The 3/16 shaft sticking out just requires holes to fit into on each side. The advantage is not having any support structure past the front edge of the drum allowing you to grind a fuller.
trying to picture what you are saying in regards to having anything sticking out past the drum. My small wheel holder doesn't come out past even my smallest wheel (1/2" i believe). Though I've never ground a fuller, so maybe I'm not picturing this correctly.

What he is saying is the wheel is in a fork, and the fork does not extend past the wheel. On wheels over 2", the wheel is on a post and the post is screwed into the tool arm.
Without knowing the arm type and size his grinder has for small wheels, it is hard to tell the Jeremy what he needs.

Posting a close up photo of the wheel and the fork it goes on would help. Also, you could call Jose at Pheer. He can easily tell you what is needed .

The Bader small wheel bearings are inside the wheel

You can make your own fork- it's just drilled holes

GG105-1.jpg

See how the wheel sticks past the fork frame

The KMG style won't let you do that.

I stand corrected. I'm not at my shop, so was going from memory. only my largest small wheel sticks out past the wheel holder.

1_921ef98f-9616-4c90-9576-423e0985c298_grande.jpeg

I have the wheels like the Count posted and the holder like Kevin posted. The rods that stick out from the wheel I have isn't as long as the holder. It barely reaches both sides with maybe 1/32" clearance.

The rod needs to almost touch the pocket walls. A bearing gets press fit on each end. But since your wheels have bearings in the hub, I would make a holder as was suggested by the count. Doesn't look like there's much to it.

I made my holder, and use Bader wheels. If you know how to use a drill press and tap a couple holes, you can make one

Back