Smoke Jumper

So ... I gotta ask ...
Has anyone else who EDC's a 110 switched from a "regular" brass and wood 110 to the Smoke Jumper for their EDC?

Since I got my Smoke Jumper a couple months ago, I've only carried the brass and wood maybe 3 or 4 days. The Smoke Jumper has been on my belt the rest of the time.
:p, I don't mind the heavyweights in my hand using em, BUT they sure aren't my favorite to carry :D . The Smoke Jumper is a blessing to carry :thumbsup:

afishhunter, I've carried the Smoke Jumper fishing and yard working in lieu of a standard 110 since buying it. Will stick with the standard size 110 (like my Pro the best now) for hunting, just feels more substantial to me when cleaning a deer - (personal quirkiness?) I love that Smoke Jumper for a fishing knife - lots of knife with very little weight. I was previously using a Bucklite 422 for fishing and prefer the blade length of the 110 (LT) better. OH
Ps got the pictures from you via email - nice knives. Sorry I didn't get right back to you; been very tied up last two weeks dealing with Hurricane Florence - hope to never get caught owning two coastal homes in a hurricane again - getting this one on the market as fast as I can get everything cleaned up!

Old Hunter Old Hunter
No problem concerning the pictures.
I hope your places did not suffer any damage to the homes.
I know what it is like to clean up after a hurricane. I was grounds keeper and property manager at an oceanfront rental property in Long Key, Florida.
Irene was a (proper name for a female dog). I had a pile of trash 12 foot high, 15 foot wide, and 90 feet long - and that was just from our property and beach. The neighbors had roughly the same. I'm just glad the eye missed us. (by about 80 miles to the west)

:p, I don't mind the heavyweights in my hand using em, BUT they sure aren't my favorite to carry :D . The Smoke Jumper is a blessing to carry :thumbsup:
I've never noticed the weight while carrying. Of course I only carried it on my belt, never in a pocket.

So ... I gotta ask ...
Has anyone else who EDC's a 110 switched from a "regular" brass and wood 110 to the Smoke Jumper for their EDC?

Since I got my Smoke Jumper a couple months ago, I've only carried the brass and wood maybe 3 or 4 days. The Smoke Jumper has been on my belt the rest of the time.
I always liked and respected the classic 110 and carried it occasionally, but looking back I guess it was the weight that kept me from EDCing it, so can’t say I “switched”. I really bought the SJ to add to my collection and had no idea it would become my EDC! I’m sure as new knives come around the SJ will share more pocket time with others. So far since I got the SJ though, I’ve carried it daily except for maybe three days.

Some years back I never noticed the weight of the 110 eather :) It's something you get used too :D I'am just not as use to it anymore :thumbsup: They are Great Knives, Heavy or light! I just prefer to pocket carry now ;)

Mine is about to go back in the pocket. Matter of fact I'm gonna slip it in my watch pocket right now.
CNU80wC.jpg

Smoke Jumper arrived this morning @ 11:00. Less than 48 hrs. after placing the order!!!
This knife was just meant for EDC. Blade is perfectly centered and no play in any direction. I've become a fan of Buck's nylon sheaths. I find that they ride closer to the body, compared to the leather sheaths which tend to catch on things, especially in tight spaces.

Warmest wishes for a Blessed Christmas to all!

Back