Off Topic So I have to shave it off...

I got chosen to be an official for the Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour for 2020. Training starts on Thursday so it has to come off now...

This was the only stipulation they gave me. It will hinder the microphone recording. I said, hey, it's only hair!

TEIHZUHIL7mwauNEoETSLxyBOLVz1oloSprFiANW4rL3yFbtreKf-jqJAQH8S3Tlx4HEe66Tiwz-OE9vO2oh2eMVP_fvbm_NjLjxnXCcf0d-ndk3D5lTO1zH3ayiQs0GW0Nhu4yrod87LQbQbs1CfgMXqIV7Q5ZVbMtTvRCnJN5GL-htF6Q3_etvE4w9EeONJJ2izPWW-Sk1ZCOLNQadf9Klc55JrE-TRhvB0ubf9JHaEONZ5BHJTF5ZHDf_EEp7Wav6fazR0SdXOwQPtEpLP42gIyFPU5m_kpJNrkF6pUILqNB09Y-5BocZ410ZoiRqD5Ni3Nnb07W_iINOuDmvX4qhT3D25qA_dqaI636VPq90WqA-rB796hDBjGtdWiGmsFlIRg8xLp9rVQWT6jQhKWsobZiZ8NJ7opo4ABHx2nZGLI1tC4oi7Vlnf20ziIf0f_VUoafMy7h5YisyTMCV3bWeulqFudBDdssNzCbA8FdpeLDRbv7f4QtcFElN70jow6nXVB2GYKmMRLc4WCkiaidIuYND3pLEVcWEaEaefkYB2Ld_Ncji-B2TRv2OTcMCQEF9-O1PASQxoMve8gzCph8xaqBALrcimKq1D5I49Hvay6Jp20ufnJaGRUnZ3Qn5U2IUliaYFiFnqSoCaSoEdOsS4JKyR9ySYrbjyGR7aDRJHmYmtzGJJKNR=w678-h903-no

I am not a good looking man, this beard helped hide this fact... oh well

Think of it as just another milestone in your life. Do the judges/officials get paid?

Trim with scissors first. I recommend an electric razor as the last step in the shearing process.

I have a beard trimmer I use it to trim down on mid setting then quarter then finally on lowest. It is quick enough and clean enough to get down to shavable level then. I haven’t actually shaved mine in years though but still the process shouldn’t have changed unless my facial hair has mutated into some super hair that can only be shaven with a Titanium Shaving Saber by @Mecha

Think of it as just another milestone in your life. Do the judges/officials get paid?
Not paid. They pay you mileage to the lake from Tulsa, pay for hotel stay & about $50 a day for meals.

Pretty excited about it. I have been an avid bass fisherman since the late 80s. To be able to ride in a boat for a few days with a top pro will be amazing to me.

Not paid. They pay you mileage to the lake from Tulsa, pay for hotel stay & about $50 a day for meals.

Pretty excited about it. I have been an avid bass fisherman since the late 80s. To be able to ride in a boat for a few days with a top pro will be amazing to me.
I think it would be a lot of fun and you may learn a few things from the pro you are in the boat all day with. Plus you might pick up a new friend. I was just curious about they way things worked... you know, volunteer, part time, daily rate, etc. $50 is generally enough for meals or it is for me. My food requirements aren't real demanding.

Is this for many tournaments or just for one? I would do this if I had the time.

I think it would be a lot of fun and you may learn a few things from the pro you are in the boat all day with. Plus you might pick up a new friend. I was just curious about they way things worked... you know, volunteer, part time, daily rate, etc. $50 is generally enough for meals or it is for me. My food requirements aren't real demanding.

Is this for many tournaments or just for one? I would do this if I had the time.
They want a commitment for at least 6 a year. They start with 80 boats and work their way down to 10 for the championship round.
I think they are having up to 8. I will find out at the end of the week I'm sure.

I was on the website looking at stuff and saw the tab for "Would you like to become a boat official". I qualified and filled out the form and got a call for an interview. Then got a call for training. They provide you with all the goodies too.

$50/day for meals aint bad can definitely spend less then that myself do you get to pocket what you don't spend on food?

Back