So what Schrade Patterns are these 2 knives?

That was a good question regarding the 160OT and 165OT and the differing blade grinds.
These are both genuine Ellenville/Walden USA Schrades...what patterns are they?Neither knife has been tampered with since leaving the factory.
The Old Timer is not a 160OT or 165OT and has different size cross guard to both. Hoo Roo

Attachments

• P7260001_02.jpg
    P7260001_02.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P7260003_01.jpg
    P7260003_01.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P7260002_01.jpg
    P7260002_01.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Nice looking knives larry! I do like the Old Timer pattern most, I was told once that Schrade had a problem with the blades on the 160 OT, they were breaking of near the guard, maybe this was to be a follow up pattern, can you compare with a 160 OT? This could also be another anything can happen from Schrade story, although I suppose there were many trial patterns made and never manufactured in qty.

Russell

Last edited:
...both from the factory clearance sale.There are a number of subtle differences to both 160OT and 165OT.
One wonders why the Walden with the bold cutlass cross guard wasn't proceeded with its a really nice knife in the hand.
sooooo if your an Old Timer or Walden collector your collection can never be COMPLETE till you wrassle both these from me! Hoo Roo

Are these genuine Untampered with? USA Schrades....I think not, now....the 165OT Cutlass Cross Guard, would have been an interesting Production knife..back in the Schrade Walden day if it was a proto of a knife they were considering...both came from the Factory sale.......Comments?.....Hoo Roo

Are these genuine Untampered with? USA Schrades....I think not, now....the 165OT Cutlass Cross Guard, would have been an interesting Production knife..back in the Schrade Walden day if it was a proto of a knife they were considering...both came from the Factory sale.......Comments?.....Hoo Roo
Good questions with no good answers I'm afraid. All sorts of oddball knives came out of that auction and few of them with any real provenance besides those pads of certificates given to the wholesale buyers of the trailerloads of crates.

Back