Sockeye

Bruce Culberson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Went sockeye fishing this weekend. The camping area at the boat launch was packed so we loaded our gear into the boat and set up at this beach:

sockeye010.jpg

The fishing was good:

sockeye005.jpg

sockeye006-1.jpg

sockeye008.jpg

The fish are starting to ripen, but the meat is fine. Here's a shot of one we BBQ'd right on the beach:

sockeye014.jpg

Fresh salmon....YUM!

Awesome Bruce!!

I spent Thursday night, until sunday morning fishing(flossing!!) Peg leg Bar just outside of Chilliwack.

Limited out each day, so we ate one and 7 in the freezer.
Lots of big 7 to 10 pounders, the Adams River run just started to come in.

Also hammered a 24lb red spring, my arm ached after 20 minutes of fighting him and the Fraser River current.

Going to go after work again on wed.

The fever has hit man!!! all I can think about right now.

Nice looking fish! I hope to get some serious pink fishing done from the beach in the next couple of weeks. My new wife and I were just in Tofino, got four nice springs and two beauty sockeye, lots of fish for the winter! Hope the good luck keeps coming.

Bruce, great pics ! Beautiful wild B.C. outdoors, lovely lady, good weather, camping by a lake, and fresh fish. no doubt you had a super sharp knife for filleting.
Man, you're having a fine summer. Great ! you deserve it buddy.
unfortunately for those of us lucky enough to own 1 or more of your knives, we may have to wait awhile to get another. but that's o.k., some things in life are even better than knifin'.
roland

Lots of big 7 to 10 pounders, the Adams River run just started to come in.

Those are big sockeye Brad! The ones we were catching were probably only 5-6lbs (I didn't weigh any). A few yeasr ago there was a run of big ones - some weighed 9.5lbs that we caught. Sounds like the fishing is good on the Fraser!

Nice looking fish! I hope to get some serious pink fishing done from the beach in the next couple of weeks. My new wife and I were just in Tofino, got four nice springs and two beauty sockeye, lots of fish for the winter! Hope the good luck keeps coming.

Thanks westcoster. Were you guys fishing in the ocean or rivers?

unfortunately for those of us lucky enough to own 1 or more of your knives, we may have to wait awhile to get another. but that's o.k., some things in life are even better than knifin'.

Roland, I've been keeping up with orders, but haven't had time to make any extras to list in the "For Sale forum". I'm having a great summer and hopfully have some more knives rolling out the door.........maybe after hunting season is finished:)

Looks like fun and I bet they tasted good too

Well the answers are: Yes and Yes:D

Back