SOCOM Memorial Wall

I post this thread here because the Strider Knife Family has had a large role in the local memorial and dedication services of this event. I would like to thank Duane and Mick personally for there contributions and there friendship.

I was at Mac Dill Air Force base the other day and got a chance to see the SOF memorial wall. The wall is a great memorial. I saw a lot of names from a lot of different places. A lot of different wars, and conflicts.

I saw names from as far back as WWII, and Vietnam. And names as recent as Somalia. No names from our most recent happenings yet.

The names that touched me the most, or were most personal to me were the five names from the 1st Force Reconnaissance Platoon that went down in the Helo December 9th, 1999. (The other two names of the EOD tech, and the crew chief were there as well)

It made me very proud to see these brave soles recognized on at such an honorable place. There is one man to thank for this, and if you were around the Company at that time you know who I'm talking about. So Sir, I thank you.

Vincent Palucci

Back