SOG Bowie 661 on top of handle. I have had it for 12 years or more. Need info please

Yes I have a SOG Bowie. Never used. Has 661 on the top of handle in the brass. I need information please. Thanks. I wish I could figure out how to send pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a Vietnam-era S.O.G. issue blade, or the SOG Specialty S1 made by Hattori?

EDIT: What kind of information are you looking for?

Last edited:
Vietnam style. On the top of the handle in the brass 099. I had one the same style but it was a special made. Like for seal's or something. Anyway I was showing it somewhere and a Vietnam veteran pleading for it. He said it was just like the one I carried. So I let him buy it. God bless our veterans. Any information would be appreciated thanks.

Either threads wasn't about price. I am looking for all information I can get. Not price. Sorry if I broke a rule with wording but I am new to this.

Yes I have a SOG Bowie. Never used. Has 661 on the top of handle in the brass. I need information please. Thanks.I wish I could figure out how to send pictures.
Yes I was wrong. The number on top is 099 not 661.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really need to see photos of your knife to address your request for information.
Verbal descriptions won't cut it. You say that there is a number 099 on the top of the handle, which is the pommel.
All actually used MACV-CISO Ben Baker SOG knives from Vietnam were sterile, meaning completely unmarked.
So I suspect you have something else, but we need to see the knife.
You can upload your photos to a free image hostjmg site, such as imgur.and use the 5th icon from the right on top of the posting box to put in the url to the photo. If that's too difficult, just type the url to your photo in your post.

Really need to see photos of your knife to address your request for information.
Verbal descriptions won't cut it. You say that there is a number 099 on the top of the handle, which is the pommel.
All actually used MACV-CISO Ben Baker SOG knives from Vietnam were sterile, meaning completely unmarked.
So I suspect you have something else, but we need to see the knife.
You can upload your photos to a free image hostjmg site, such as imgur.and use the 5th icon from the right on top of the posting box to put in the url to the photo. If that's too difficult, just type the url to your photo in your post.

This it?

I have no info, just trying to help you out. View attachment 1837110
If that is the knife, I would be shocked, There is reportedly only one of those original River Rat Scuba Demo models left in existence.
Of course there are lots of SOG Specialty Knives versions around. I don't recall any numbered ones except maybe the damascis L/E.
I might be wrong though.

I would suggest that the OP look here and verify if it is a SOG S1. This is my website.

How come above this paper clip icon you can't put a picture with that. That's how you do it every where on a android phone? Just trying to understand. Thanks.

If that is the knife, I would be shocked, There is reportedly only one of those original River Rat Scuba Demo models left in existence.
Of course there are lots of SOG Specialty Knives versions around. I don't recall any numbered ones except maybe the damascis L/E.
I might be wrong though.

I would suggest that the OP look here and verify if it is a SOG S1. This is my website.
I just searched Vietnam era sog and posted the first one with brass that came up lol. I know nothing about them.

How come above this paper clip icon you can't put a picture with that. That's how you do it every where on a android phone? Just trying to understand. Thanks.

I don't know because I never tried that.
Just use the "Insert image (Ctrl+P)" icon to the right of the clip, and insert the url of your photo on the hosting site. I guarantee that it works.

Back