• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

**SOLD**-Large Damascus cutlass/cleaver folder...

This was a fun build inspired by a request for a large folding chef knife. I expanded the concept a bit to also suit the needs of someone who might be hired as a cook in an outfitter/elk camp or as a deer camp or camping kitchen/general utility knife. A person in such a role may need to do a fair bit of food prep while still being robust enough to handle other chores around camp.

This is not intended to be a pure daily chef's knife but rather an acceptable substitute that can do that and other tasks in a convenient, pocketable package.

Prototype "Camp Cook" folder. 4" cleaver/cutlass style blade of 1084/15n20 "River of No Return" pattern Damascus. Rounded spine with flipper tab and fileworked thumb grip. Fileworked tang. Black g-10 scales. Single jeweled titanium lock/liner. Blue anodized titanium pivot and body screws. Black g-10 fileworked backspacer. Black steel deep carry pocket clip. 5 1/8" closed.

It can be opened easily by a variety of methods: two handed pull grasping the blade, slow rolled with thumb/forefinger, or front-flipped easily with the extended flipper tab.

This is a very slim and light knife. It weighs only 3.8 ounces and measures only 1/2" thick. It carries very well for a large folder.

Here's a link to a video where I did some cutting examples with this knife prior to cleaning it up and making it pretty. Feel free to make fun of my cutting "skills"....especially the potato. šŸ˜†

Here are pics in natural outdoor light that show the true colors, especially of the anodizing better.

Price is $OLD and includes padded zipper case, microfiber cloth, certificate of authenticity and free US shipping. Questions and comments welcome.

Last edited:
That Damascus pattern is just outstanding, well done!!!!! If I had $750 burning a hole in my pocket now I know exactly where it would be going :)

Back