• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

$SOLD Lloyd Gunstock Trapper FS

Hi guys, I am regrettably selling my first custom slipjoint today and hope to pass it on to someone who can also use and appreciate it!

John Lloyd, "Gunstock Trapper." Mahogany stag (well-matched), blade is 52100 carbon steel. The pull is very firm (7-8/10) with a half-stop; no gaps, blade centered, and everything is well-fitted. Incredible thin grind and swedge on this blade; it makes a beautiful hunting or fishing knife. When I first received this the edge was a little rougher than I would like so the bevel was touched up on fine Sharpmaker stones and stropped to mirror edge by me. I have carried it only in a leather belt sheath and very seldom used it to cut. This is a great example of Mr. Lloyd's up-and-coming work in the slipjoint world, and one of my prettiest knives.

IMG-20110911-00261.jpg

Now, here are two pictures by me showing the knife open. The sheath isn't included.
photo-1.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

$SOLD

sends it via Priority Flat Rate anywhere in the CONUS.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back