Sold some rare Wengers the other day

Smaug

Gold Member
When it was announced that Victorinox purchased Wenger, I immediately went to Amazon and bought all the interesting Wengers I could afford. The intent was that I would sell them in a few years' time, when they had gone up in value to collectors.

I sold:

• Wenger 73 Electrician, the large locker, with a needlenose pliers and hawkbill blade replacing the can opener.
  • Wenger Matterhorn, the 85 mm one with half-serrated blade, a whistle and carabiner. It has two Phillips drivers. (inline and on the back) I can't imagine why they would have two Phillips drivers instead of putting a corkscrew on the back. Did they really just not want to encourage drinking and climbing? It also had the clip point small blade, which I always thought was cool.
  • Wenger Mountain Bike, with the 5 mm allen wrench that's used to drive a detachable hex/spoke wrench combo.
  • Evo 16 in black

They were all mint, so I wound up getting $185 for the Electrician, $78 for the Evo 16, $153 for the Mountain Bike and $150 for the Matterhorn.

Shipped all over the world. The Evo 16 went to Australia, the Matterhorn went to Sweden and the other two to the USA.

It was a nice little profit, and paid for a couple tactical folder acquisitions, but I'm going to miss the quirky Matterhorn, I think. Even though it was a bit too thick for pocket carry, it had that cool fold-out carabiner and the half-serrated blade. (why not go full serrated, since there was a plain-edged small blade?)

Here's some eye candy:

Electrician1.jpgElectrician2.jpgElectrician3.jpgEvo16_1.jpgEvo16_2.jpgEvo16_3.jpgMatterhorn1.jpgMatterhorn2.jpgMountainBike1.jpgMountainBike2.jpg

Back