• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Super thin 220mm Santoku with a beautiful, unique stabilized red maple handle

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This knife is sold

As of weekend offer, this santoku + the 11" slicer will be running at 350 both. Feel free to claim it via fvazcustomknives@gmail.com

Hello everyone.

This santoku is one of my best knives up to date in terms of performance. This blade has one exceptional feature of being extremely thin, but still rigid and built in a specially good steel for its purpose.

I have made this knife at 0,078" (about 2mm) thick - perfectly centered and straight, shaped in a full flat grind.

The main focus on this knife was to make something that would both be big but still have a really light weight of a smaller knife, this but still perfectly balanced.

This knife flies in the speed of light in the cutting board and bonds to your hand like a natural part of your body.

It is made out of 14C28N stainless steel (same composition of AEBL) and is hardened to 61hrc, focusing a little extra on the toughness rather than hardness.

This steel has a great edge stability and even at 61 is quite easy to sharpen. It is extremely fine grained.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b6.jpg
b7.jpg
b8.jpg
su3QFQj - Imgur.jpg

---> Video showing how straight and well balanced the blade is:

The knife has both choil and spine fully rounded.

It will be delivered hand sharpened to 2000 grit ready for use. I can sharpen it to 3000 if by your preference, but 2000 is my favorite for daily use.

The best feature of this santkou is having 220mm of blade while keeping the same weight of an average 180mm santoku. This way you have considerably more edge length and no extra weight.

The grind is REALLY aggressive and no, it is not fragile. 14C28N is one of the toughest steel out there.

Blade is 60mm wide at the heel and has near 70mm of flat edge then a subtle and smooth belly towards the spine - this will make all the difference during use.

---> PRICE:

260$ shipped with the beautiful red zipped pouch included - if purchased in combo with the 11" slicer in the same design a great discount will be provided

Im from Brazil and i dont take paypal - can provide tons of references and payment is fast and easy.

Preferably contacted via email fvazcustomknives@gmail.com

Please visit my website fvazknives.com - there are many cool pictures there.

Buy in combo and get a nice discount: click here to see more details about the 11" slicer

b9.jpg
b10.jpg

Last edited:
I am the fortunate purchaser of this Santoku, along with the matching 11" slicer.
Francisco did an amazing job on this santoku - it's really thin behind the edge and it slices like a dream!

Back