some folks don't get it

I've had mixed reviews on this blade.What do ya'll think? SPECS:5/32"154-CM,3 3/8"B.L.,7 5/8O.A.L.,green canvas Micarta grips

Attachments

• mvc-003s (2).jpg
    mvc-003s (2).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 388
Sean,

I don't claim to know anything about anything, but I have to admit that one of my strengths is talking about nothing, which is the only think I know anything about. With that said the knife looks a little on the clumsy side to my eye at first glance. But I found myself going over it repeatedly. The shape of the blade seems like it would make it quite a good utility knife in a box-cutter sorta way. I must admit that I have rather small hands so the it seems to me that it would be hard for me to get a secure grip. My second impulse is to keep the blade shape but make it fixed rather than folding and streamline the overall appearance of the knife. But on the whole, I think I like it and that it has a lot of potental. Hope this helps, if not please refer to my disclaimer.

-Jeff

It doesn't look clumsy to me. In fact it looks pretty cool; like a stout little blade. It does look like the front finger notch might be a little awkward, since it is perfectly perpendicular to the handle. That's just a guess though, without holding it. You certainly wouldknow better than me. Tough looking little knife though!

Hmmmm..., well.., I'm going to come back after looking at it a little more. First impression doesn't strike me as much balance (and of course that's visual).

Let me think...(also a major task).., and thanks for posting it and accepting opinions for something a little atypical.

"Hunters seek what they [WANT].., Seekers hunt what they [NEED]"

Sean, I love it. I really like short, "fat" blades. It is very distinct and looks great. It doesn't seem to be a folder, except for the round thumb stud looking thing, but if it is, I like it even more. Good work!!

Oh yeah, did you make it like that so it would be small in the pocket but comfortably large to hold?

That has to be a fixed blade, even with a hidden pivot I just can't see how it would work as a folder. Tough looking little knife, a stot work horse.

It really is a fixed blade.The "round thing" is a mirror polished cicle that I etch my logo on.It shows up better that way.The point of balance is right on the finger groove.Also,the grips are quite slim to make it easier to conceal,and a little friendlier to small hands.Thanks for the feedback.Keep it coming.

Sean,

My bad, guess even though I was staring at it for a while it was still not long enough. I set it as the wallpaper on my computer so I would look at it a lot and it really is growing on me. Is it possible for you to pose a view looking down on the blade so we can how thick the scales are (matters less than when I thought the knife was a folder, sorry to get your hopes up guys)? Oh, and is the blade chisel ground or ??? As far as I can tell it would be a great utility knife and as such I might like it in D2 and maybe outo f thicker stock, but that's just me (and if it were made for me I would still have you slim down the handles a hair). What amazes me is that even thought it looks like a heavy use knife there are a bunch of little things about it that say to me that it would also be good for some more delicate knifework. Good work!

-Jeff

Sean, just curious, could you tell us how wide the blade and handle are, on average?

Here's a shot of the back of the handle.I measuured tthe handle at it's thickest point and it is 0.447".I like slimmer handles because I think it makes it harder for the knife to roll in your hand if you impact at an odd angle.At it's widest point the blade measures 1.495".The handles widest point is 1.367".The blade is ground on both sides,but chisel grinds are no sweat.Most folks would probably be surprised at how well this blade does delicate work,and it is exceptionally sharp.

Attachments

• mvc-011s.jpg
    mvc-011s.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 230
I wasn't to keen on it at first but now I like it.Now make it in a folder and I'll love it.
Mike
:D

Back