Something different for the new year

I have a few jacks and stockman knives from Case and GEC and thought I should try something a bit different this year. I thought I should get my first Queen and settled on a Queen City Canoe for the following reasons:

1. 1095 carbon blades
  2. no etching on the blades
  3. acorn shield rather than standard Queen shield
  4. praises for quality of these knives
  5. That amber wormgroove bone looks grrroovy!!!

I'll post a few photos once it comes in. I'm pretty excited about this new knife!

That amber wormgroove bone looks grrroovy!!!

I'll post a few photos once it comes in. I'm pretty excited about this new knife!

Yes, it sure does!
I love the Crimson Bone and the Red Bone but from what I have seen, that Amber Wormgroove is really something else.

I'm looking forward to the pics.:thumbup:

i received a queen city canoe in crimson bone for christmas this year, and it's a very nice knife(you'll likely enjoy it). the main blade is thick enough for hard work, and the secondary is very thin(cuts like a lazer). the knife as a whole is just about perfect imo, and will make an exc edc.

I received the knife yesterday from Mike at collectorknives.net. First impression was, "that's a pretty knife!". It's also the first slipjoint I have that just seems wide for its length at 3 5/8" but still perfectly pocketable. The bolsters seem huge in comparison to my other traditionals. Lots of metal to polish I suppose. The shape of the bolsters act as a finger guard of sorts. Feels comfortable in the hand. The blades were sharp (not super sharp) and thin so I expect they will be excellent slicers. Lastly, you gotta love the amber worm groove bone scales. One side is a little darker than the other and when I wiped them with a cloth there was a slight amount of bleeding of the color but not much. The entire knife has really good fit and finish. I am very pleased with it after spending just one US Grant bill on it.

img_1549.jpg
img_1550.jpg
img_1552.jpg

Good lookin' piece. I still want to get a red bone Queen canoe, haven't gotten around to it.

Thanks y'all!

I cut up an apple with the main spearpoint blade at lunch today and it sliced through it very easily. I could cut it into wafer thin slices. The edge of that 1095 steel gets really sharp!

Well I just went and got one of them. And another canoe from Mike. Those pictures are great. I am excited to get mine.

Bill

Back