SP 10 Great chopper

Finally got the chance to use the SP 10 marine Raider in the garden chopping some branches. How good is it. Up to 1/2 inch just a flick of the wrist to get through them, up to an inch, just a bit more. The forward weight is ideal and the handle has no hot spots at all. Really loving this knife. So no real point to the post other than bragging that I was out cutting all day and having a great time.

I'm glad that you love it!

We are all different, and at the end of the day, if the knife in your hands works perfect for you, there is nothing better!

Pics or it didn't happen! ;-)

We are all different, and at the end of the day, if the knife in your hands works perfect for you, there is nothing better!

This is what I tell people when they ask why [insert knife here] doesn't have a powder coat/bare blade/sharpened swedge/pretty sparkles.

If we ever make one knife that suits everyone, we'll have a one page catalog and be the biggest knife company in the world. One of my favorite things about being in this industry is learning how many different uses a knife can have based on subtle changes. I still learn something new every day, and probably always will.

I have had a few bowies but my SP-10 is my favorite. Both the knife and the sheath are really well designed especially with the loop design to keep knife well secured until needed and then you can just release the bottom strap and the knife is still secure but can be drawn out freely,relly well thought out design and the 1/4" thick blade is a real chopper but can also be used as a fine slicer, the sheath also swivels and is equipped with straps to secure it to your thigh,just tops for the money IMHO!:D

I used a SP10 as my backpacking knife for years and I loved it but I have replaced it with an axe and a folding saw. I miss my SP10 very much and I am building a smaller backpack set up to where my SP10 will be added, maybe my hammocking backpack will get it.

Its is a very nice all around knife. I also have a BK9 and I love the BK9 but I will chose the SP10 over it any day in a camping survival situation.

Until I got into axe's the SP10 and my KA-BAR MKII USMC was all I carried for knives.

I agree. I also have a bk9 and my sp10 sees a lot more use. Its not because it's a better made knife it just maybe the thickness of the blade and I prefer a cross guard. I also like the traditional look of it.

Back