Special ALL PURPOSE tools! Experiences/Opinions!

Does anybody have any experience or opinions on any of the following tools:

1) Woodsman's Pal
2) Spec Plus Survival Machete
3) Spec Plus SPAX
4) MAX AX
5) Spetznaz survival machete

These are unusual "do it all" tools that could easily be used in a survial situation. I'm wondering if any/all are worth buying...I've considered them all at one time, but always had to order "sight unseen" and backed out. I'd like to hear from people who know something about them.

Thanks!

------------------
Plainsman :)
primitiveguy@hotmail.com

You use what you have on you, then you improvise! :)

The spetsnaz survival matchette. It is quite a sharp and durable knife. BUT, get another sheath for it. The nylon sheath that is sold with that knife SUCKS
frown.gif
!!!!! so spend the extra money a get a good quality leather or kydex sheath.

------------------
Big-Target>>>>>>SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Don't forget the Uluchet http://dns1.silverstar.com/turnermfg/index.html !It is an excellent multipurpose tool.I have used mine as a knife (it is a better knife than most regular knives,except maybe for piercing,and a much better knife than the other multitools for the most part),a hatchet,and a hammer and it weighs less than a lot of fixed blade knives do.It is very tough and is backed by an excellent garauntee.It probably won't work well in place of a machete in tall grasses though.
m

Plainsman,

I've had a Woodsman's Pal since I was a kid. My Uncle gave it to me. Mine has a metal hand guard, but otherwise is identical to the current version. It is a very good chopper and in some ways out performs my CS LTC Kukri. The brush hook on the back is surprisingly useful. I have abused mine over the years and it comes back for more. The saw back is useless but the rest of the design is great
smile.gif

John

Back